Residential Rebate Eligibility Requirements
Submit Rebates To:
- Applicants must live in a single-family residence within the Hillsboro Water Department service area, including a house, condominium, duplex/multiplex or manufactured home with a single or master meter. (NOTE: Apartment owners currently DO NOT qualify for these rebates.)
- The applicant must have a current Hillsboro water account in good standing or be the owner of the master metered (condominium, duplex/multiplex or manufactured home) residence within the Hillsboro Water service area as verified by the Department.
- Applications must include a copy of a proof of purchase receipt from a retailer or plumbing company that specifies the purchase date, purchase price, manufacturer and model number.
- The application must be received within 60 days of purchase date.
- Prior to approval, an on-site inspection may be required by Hillsboro Water Department. The total rebate per item will not exceed the receipt amount. Rebates will be mailed in check form to the customer on account; rebate cannot be applied to your utility account.
Washing Machine Rebate
Apply for a $50 rebate when you purchase and install a new Energy Star qualified Washing Machine. For a list of qualifying models, visit www.energystar.gov. Limit: 1 washing machine rebate per household.
Click Here for Energy Star Washing Machine Rebate Application.
High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate
Apply for a $75 per HET rebate when you replace your old water-wasting toilet(s) with an EPA WaterSense labeled 1.28 gpf High-Efficiency Toilet(s) HETs. For a list of qualified WaterSense models, visit www.epa.gov/watersense. Limit: 2 HET rebates per household.
Interested in Recycling Your Old Toilet?
Although the City of Hillsboro Water Department does not require recycling of old toilets, it's strongly encouraged!
Landscape Products & Supply - Fee: $15 per toilet: 1748 NE 25th Ave., Hillsboro 503 846-0881.
Water-Sense Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers
Receive a rebate when you purchase and install a WaterSense, weather-based controller. Rebates are up to $200, but will not exceed the purchase price on the receipt. Accessories and labor are not included. Limit: 1 rebate per property. Details and additional criteria listed on application form, which is available below:
Click Here for WaterSense Controller Application.
How to Apply
After purchasing and installing your new washing machine, HET(s) or weather-based irrigation controller per the eligibility requirements outlined above, complete the Residential Rebate Application form and attach a copy of the receipt. Use the check list below to ensure you meet all of the program requirements and to expedite the processing of your request.
- Toilet was installed in a single family residence. This may be a house, condominium, duplex/multiplex or manufactured home with a single or master meter, non-commercial residence
- Applicant is listed on water account
- Receipt attached, and includes the washing machine/HET toilet make and model, as well as store name, purchase date, and proof of payment
- The washing machine is an Energy Star machine/toilets are EPA certified HET 1.28 gpf toilets
- I have not previously received a rebate for which I am now applying for at this address
- Water account is not past due
- Mail in completed rebate application and proof of purchase within 60 days of purchase