Hillsboro offers many advantages to businesses, both large and small. Located in the heart of the Oregon’s Willamette Valley, Hillsboro is strategically positioned for quick and cost effective distribution of goods and services to major West Coast markets. Our community is located a short flight time of 80 minutes north of San Francisco and 40 minutes south of Seattle. With a population of over 95,000 we are the 5th largest city in Oregon and an integral part of the Portland Metropolitan Area economy.
Hillsboro’s economic growth began with intentional and calculated planning. North Hillsboro, the heart of Oregon’s “Silicon Forest,” is the ideal industrial area because of its close proximity to a major freeway, flat land, limited residential neighbors, and utility infrastructure that will meet large manufacturing demands. The City has a global reputation for customer service-- working with companies to meet their needs and timelines. In addition, the City partners with the business community and all levels of government. Together, we work cooperatively to assist with corporate relations, expansions, and start-up operations.
Hillsboro has a large skilled workforce with an affordable wage structure, world-class infrastructure, and an abundance of cultural, educational, and recreational opportunities. With our comfortable and affordable Oregon lifestyle, enriched by the pleasures of metropolitan living without the congestion, overcrowding, and expense, Hillsboro is the ideal location for your business to grow and prosper.
The City of Hillsboro is committed to maintaining a business-friendly atmosphere and will work to expedite your business project. Let the City’s professional Economic Development staff assist you in locating a site suitable for your business venture and walk you through the permitting process. Our goal is to do what it takes to get your project up and running in the shortest time frame possible.
- No sales tax.
- Property tax rates limited to 1.5% of real market value (excluding bonds or special levies). Plus programs to exempt property taxes based on investment on new structures, machinery and equipment for a limited time (5-15 years).
- Affordable power rates, between 6.7 - 7 cents per kWh while providing reliable and redundant power service.
- Highly educated and talented workforce skilled in advanced technology industries.
- Attractive real estate costs combined with excellent utility infrastructure that can meet the most demanding manufacturer.
- Business Response Team – comprised of representatives from the City’s departments critical to facilitating industrial development projects, specifically the permitting process.
- Easy access to west coast and international destinations with over 250 daily direct flights to all major US cities and international direct flights to 5 destinations.