Building Department permits are issued in order to ensure that appropriate plans have been reviewed and the resulting construction is inspected to satisfy local, state and federal requirements. In doing so, we help protect the health, wellness, and safety of our community. This further provides a guarantee on your investment and project.
Examples of scenarios that require a building permit include, but are not limited to:
- Build a new commercial building, residential home, shed or structure
- Build an addition to a commercial building, residential home, shed or structure
- Repair, renovate or demolish any building or structure
- Change the use and/or occupancy of a building
- Change, remove or install any required means of egress in a building
Please refer to our checklists here for residential, commercial and industrial application and submission information and requirements. All building permit applications can be found here.
If you have any questions about your project, permit application or submission requirements, please feel free to call us at (503)-681-6144 and we would be happy to help.