Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve offers volunteer counselor opportunities for their WILD Program (Wetlands Individual Leadership Development). This is a great volunteer opportunity for students who love the outdoors and enjoy working with children. Camps run from June - August.
WILD volunteers will work in an outdoor nature day camp for youth ranging in ages 6 to 12. Applicants must be in High School and be at least 14 years old. Volunteers need be available for a minimum of one week during the summer and are required to attend an orientation program. Students must apply on-line.
- Volunteers must work for a minimum of one camp week during the summer.
- Must attend one orientation program. There are two orientations offered to choose from. May 20 from 4:30 - 8:30 pm or May 21 from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Must have ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Assist staff in working with youth in a nature camp setting.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve located at 2600 SW Hillsboro Hwy, Hillsboro, OR 97123.
Application & Hiring Process
- Fill out the on-line application. The application is due by April 12.
- If application is accepted, you will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held during the week of April 18.
- If accepted into the program, you must attend one of the two orientations offered on May 20 from 4:30 - 8:30 or on May 21 from 10 am to 2 pm.