Now Recruiting for Records Intern & Volunteer Photographers. Click here to apply!
HPD Volunteers - Action That Counts:
Volunteers bring unique skills and experience that strengthen our community. The HPD volunteer program is designed to match each volunteer with a meaningful role that provides benefits to both the individual and the City. We thank you in advance for your interest and time spent volunteering with our Department.
All volunteers are properly trained for the position in which they will be working and will also receive a handbook with detailed information to better equip them for work within the Hillsboro Police Department. Volunteers are also given the opportunity to go on a ride-along with a patrol officer.
Special Project Volunteers:
- Athletic/Activity/Game Volunteers support the Community Enhancement Team devising, setting up and leading games during community outreach events such as Safety Town.
- Craft Volunteers provide support to the Community Enhancement Team by devising, setting up, leading and cleaning up crafts during community events such as Safety Town.
- Bike Safety Advocates will have the opportunity to share their enthusiasm for bikes and safe bicycling practices with the Hillsboro community, especially youth during bike safety clinics. There you will help promote safety by ensuring helmets are properly fitted.
- Goodie Bag Volunteers help support efforts of the Community Enhancement Team by keeping stock of goodie bags for delivery to kids at various community events.
- Volunteer Tailors will hem approximately and at minimum seven to ten pairs of pants per month as well as attach patches and stripes to uniforms (as needed) using your personal sewing machine.
- Photographers help capture HPD community events. Photographs are used in a variety of marketing and outreach materials designed to highlight HPD programs and services.
- Interns get a behind the scenes look at the roles and responsibilities within the police department. While assigned to various units within the department interns are able to fulfill their education requirements while contributing to the mission of the police department.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers must be able to successfully complete a background check, which includes both reference checks and a criminal history check.
- Volunteers must support the Hillsboro Police Department and comply with confidentiality requirements and department policies and procedures.