Antique Clock Repair
- Date: 03/02/2018 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- Location: Hillsboro Community Senior Center
750 SE 8th Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
Have an old clock around that doesn’t “tock” to you anymore? Discover how to take it apart, learn part names and their sources. Perform proper techniques and cleaning solutions to make the brass shine again. Learn how to correct the top three reasons for misbehaving clocks. Bring your clock, a few pliers and screwdrivers, a small plastic container and lid for screws and small parts, and a large plastic container and lid for gears and the brass plates. Get your gears going and explore the world of clock repair in this new seven-week course. Cleaning kits are available for participants to purchase if they choose.
Age: 12 & up
Location: Community Senior Center Park Room
Instructor: Al Hertel
Day/Date/Time: Friday, January 19 - March 2, 9:30 - 11:30 pm
Course Number: 57302
Day/Date/Time: Friday, March 23 - May 4, 9:30 - 11:30 am
Fee: $45 Youth/Senior Resident, $67 Youth/Senior Non-Resident, $50 Adult Resident, $75 Adult Non-Resident
- Online at Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/ParksRec
- Phone registration at 503-681-5397 or 503-615-1090
- Walk-in registration at these sites:
- Parks & Recreation Administration (4400 NE Century Boulevard)
- SHARC (953 SE Maple Street)
- Walters Cultural Arts Center (527 E Main Street)
- Hillsboro Community Senior Center (750 SE 8th Avenue)
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve (2600 SW Hillsboro Highway)
Questions: Call the Hillsboro Community Senior Center at 503-615-1090.
Check out the Activities Guide for more classes and events.
Return to the Hillsboro Community Senior Center web page.