Open House: Offer Your Input on New Local Service Fee Funding Scenarios
- Date: 06/13/2019 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Hillsboro Civic Center, Conference Room 113
150 East Main Street
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
- Introduction: The City established the Local Service Fee in 2015 to raise revenue needed for continued investment in the repair and replacement of aging stormwater infrastructure.
Open House: Your Input Needed!
To continue investing in the repair and replacement of the City of Hillsboro’s more than 80-year old Stormwater System, the City is considering increasing the Surface Water Management Local Service Fee, currently set at a monthly $1 per Equivalent Service Unit (ESU).
The public Stormwater System – a key part of the City’s Surface Water Management Program – is responsible for collecting, moving, and treating stormwater with the main goal of removing pollutants before stormwater is released into local waterways.
Community members are invited to provide input on the on the new Local Service Fee rate funding scenarios at an Open House on Thursday, June 13, at 5 pm in Room 113 at the Hillsboro Civic Center, 150 East Main Street.
In addition to offering input, community members are welcomed to attend and:
- Learn about the public Stormwater System, its components, and how its maintained
- View completed Stormwater System repair and replacement projects funded by the Local Service Fee
- Get details on the history of the Local Service Fee
- Discover how the Local Service Fee is helping address deferred maintenance projects
If unable to attend the open house, input can be submitted until July 31 in other ways:
- Online survey (in English)
- Online survey (in Spanish)
- Paper customer survey (in English)
- Paper customer survey (in Spanish)
- Call 503-681-5036
- Email the Public Works Department
- In person or by mail to 4415 NE 30th Avenue, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
- In person at the July 20 Celebrate Hillsboro event
At 8 pm on August 20, City staff will present the proposed Local Service Fee funding scenarios and share the results of the public input to City Council during the Work Session. Councilors will discuss the scenarios and determine next steps. Members of the public are invited to attend and observe, but public comment will not be offered during the work session.
For additional information about the Local Service Fee, visit Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/LocalServiceFee or call 503-615-6509.