Agendas & Minutes
This seven member Board is established by the State of Oregon in ORS §357.465. Members are appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the additional City Council members. The Board meets most often at the Brookwood Library, with meetings occasionally held at the Shute Park Library.
As provided by ORS §357.490 and Hillsboro Municipal Code subchapter 2.36, the Library Board has the following responsibilities:
- Serves in an advisory capacity to City Council.The primary function is to provide policy and administrative rules recommendations related to library services.
- Connects with the community to enhance support and promote advocacy for library funding, facilities and services.
While the City remains a member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS), two of the Board members must be residents of unincorporated Washington County, preferably within the Hillsboro Public Library service area, as defined by WCCLS.
Members may serve for no more than two full consecutive terms (a term is four years), but anyone may be appointed again to the Board after an interval of one year.
|Steven Swoboda, Chair||
July 1, 2020
July 1, 2020
|Linda Mokler||July 1, 2021|
|Rommel Rodriguez||December 31, 2021|
|Elizabeth Case||December 31, 2021|
|Vacant (unincorporated Washington County)||December 31, 2020|
|Vacant||July 1, 2021|
- Apply to join a City commission, committee, or board online
- Print the handwritten application form for a City board or commission
- Board, Commission & Committee Organizational Chart
Hillsboro Public Library Board Meeting
- Date: 09/05/2019 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Brookwood Library
2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124