Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
Top 10 Ideas for Updating the Hillsboro 2035 Community Plan
More events, more parks, and safer transportation. Those ideas are among the most popular themes for the five-year update of Hillsboro's 2035 Community Plan.
Volunteers gathered nearly 8,000 ideas from about 4,000 community members, helping to include new voices and perspectives in the 2035 Plan.
Top 10 Ideas & Themes
- More events, cultural events, festivals, and family activities
- More parks, playgrounds, and Parks & Recreation programming
- Transportation improvements, congestion reduction
- Safer pedestrian crossings, more sidewalks and bike lanes
- Add a swimming pool/swim center
- Add a wave pool/water park, and more splash pads
- More transit options, enhances bus service
- Increase affordable housing, address homelessness
- More support for schools and more school funding
- More Library spaces, events, activities
Between March and September, volunteers collected ideas from 30 community events (such as Celebrate Hillsboro, and the Proud to Be HSD Festival) and presentations, drop boxes at high traffic locations, and online at Hillsboro2035.org.
"These ideas reflect the community’s wants and needs," said Dacia Bakkum, the Hillsboro 2035 program manager who coordinated community outreach for the five-year update.
"We owe a huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who shared their creative ideas for Hillsboro’s future — and to the volunteers who collected them."
You are invited to review the top ideas at Hillsboro2035.org until December 31, and help prioritize which ideas are most important to act on.