COVID-19 Notice – Most City facilities and all playgrounds are closed until further notice in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The Hillsboro Civic Center is now open for in-person service needs. Dog parks, tennis courts, and select park amenities are open. Get the latest coronavirus updates on our COVID-19 webpage.
Para actualizaciones sobre el coronavirus en español, visite a nuestra página de noticias.

Parks & Recreation News

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Community Resources that Neighbors Should Know About

Post Date:05/20/2020

Domestic Violence Support

If you are in immediate danger, call 911. The Hillsboro Police Department’s Domestic Violence Response Team provides help and support. Call 503-681-6175 or visit our Domestic Violence Response Team webpage.

The Domestic Violence Resource Center is online at The 24-hour crisis line is 503-469-8620. Proyecto UNICA helps with Latinx domestic violence and sexual assault: 503-232-4448 or

- Mayor Steve Callaway

The Family Justice Center of Washington County

Call 503-469-8620 for confidential help with restraining orders, safety planning, housing, and more.  

The Family Justice Center is in Beaverton at 735 SW 158th Avenue, or at

- Council President Fred Nachtigal

Hate Crimes and Discrimination Reporting

Report a hate crime to the Hillsboro Police Department by calling 911 if there is immediate danger, or call the non-emergency phone line at 503-629-0111.

Get culturally specific resources, counseling, and information about hate crimes at

- Councilor Olivia Alcaire

Hillsboro School District Meal Service

All children, ages 1 to 18, receive a free meal each weekday between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. Visit the Hillsboro School District coronavirus webpage.

- Councilor Kyle Allen

Emergency Food Assistance

Call the Oregon Food Bank at 503-505-7061 or visit

Low-income individuals and families can apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits on the Oregon Department of Human Services Food Assistance website.

- Councilor Anthony Martin

Crisis Counseling

  • The Washington County Crisis Line provides 24/7 crisis support and intervention at 503-291-9111.

  • For substance abuse and mental health support, call the Disaster Distress helpline at 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs (Hablanos for Spanish) to 66746.

  • LGBTQ+ and questioning youth can call the Trevor Project for 24-hour confidential crisis support at 1-866-488-7386.

  • Transgender and questioning community members can call the Trans Lifeline for peer crisis support at 1-877-565-8860.

  • The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline offers 24/7 suicide crisis counseling at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or at

  • Teens can call the Oregon Youth Line at 877-968-8491, or text teen2teen to 839863, or visit

  • Report child abuse in Hillsboro by calling 911 or the Hillsboro Police Department's non-emergency line at 503-629-0111.

  • The State of Oregon’s child abuse reporting hotline is 1-855-503-SAFE (7233).

- Councilors Beach Pace and Rick Van Beveren


Return to full list >>