Hillsboro’s Dog Parks and Tennis Courts Are Open
Park patrons in Hillsboro have more recreation options as the City of Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Department has safely restored some amenities, while following guidelines from State of Oregon health authorities.
The following amenities reopened on Saturday, May 23, for Hillsboro community members to enjoy:
- Dog parks
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Reedville Creek Skate Park
- Orchard Park Disc Golf Course
- Rood Bridge Park watercraft launch
Park patrons are asked to maintain physical distancing requirements and are limited to groups of 10 people or fewer at a time, per State of Oregon rules that are currently in effect.
Hillsboro parks and trails are open for use, but other park amenities such as playgrounds, basketball courts, sports fields, and picnic shelters remain closed.
“We are happy to reopen some of our patrons’ favorite amenities, and we are asking everyone visiting the parks to follow health guidelines,” said Dave Miletich, Director of Hillsboro Parks & Recreation. “Compliance and cooperation are essential for the health of our community. We are posting signage to alert park users to the need to continue to practice physical distancing.”
Everyone is asked to follow these best practices for mitigating the spread of the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands before and after your visit.
- Keep six feet of distance between your immediate household group and other park and trail visitors.
- Stay home if you are sick, or experiencing any symptoms: runny nose, cough, sneeze, or fever.
- Avoid touching surfaces.
City of Hillsboro employees continue to plan for the safe reopening of City facilities. Please visit our COVID-19 webpage for the latest coronavirus information and community resources.