This webpage will be updated as more information is available.
Read the latest coronavirus news and announcements from the City of Hillsboro below. For information on cancellations, closures, and additional resources, visit our COVID-19 webpage.
Noticias en español
Para leer las siguientes noticias sobre COVID-19 en español, visite a nuestra página de noticias.
Businesses Can Still Apply for Protective Equipment Grants
Businesses can apply multiple times on the City’s website for PPE such as masks, face coverings, and gloves.
The City of Hillsboro’s Protective Equipment Grant program is still accepting applications if your business is in need of personal protective equipment (PPE) — such as masks, face coverings, and gloves. Businesses can apply multiple times if they are located within Hillsboro city limits and have an active business license from the City.
As part of this matching grant program, selected businesses pay 50% of PPE costs, while the City pays the other 50%. For example, if a business requests, qualifies for, and is awarded $100 worth of equipment, the business would pay $50 to the City. Selected businesses will pick up equipment and make payments at the Hillsboro Civic Center on the fourth floor.
More than 100 Hillsboro businesses have received grant awards since the program launched in early June. In total, more than $13,000 in personal protective equipment has been distributed, including more than 900 cloth face coverings, 10,500 disposable masks, and 12,600 pairs of nitrile gloves.
Nearly 80% of these businesses self-identified as a racial or ethnic minority-owned business, a woman-owned business, or a veteran-owned business. More than 20% are Latinx-owned businesses, while 24% are Asian-owned businesses.
How to Apply for a Protective Equipment Grant
- Visit our COVID-19 Business Resources webpage
- Grant applications are available in English and Spanish.
- Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- City of Hillsboro staff are available by phone at 503-681-6100, in English and Spanish, to assist business owners who need help or have questions about the application process.
- The application window will remain open until further notice and while supplies are available.
Grant Selection Requirements and Priorities
- Grant funds will be awarded only to businesses located within Hillsboro city limits with an active business license from the City of Hillsboro prior to applying.
Priority will be given to:
- Businesses that are authorized to be open and operational, per State of Oregon Executive Orders, in the baseline and Phase 1 portion of the State of Oregon and Washington County’s reopening plan
- Businesses with 50 or fewer employees
- Businesses open to the public for operations
- Locally owned businesses will be prioritized over national chains and franchises
Many small businesses need help and support to safely reopen and continue operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Personal protective equipment (PPE) — such as masks, face coverings, and gloves — can be difficult for small businesses to acquire. Many small business owners cannot afford to wait extended periods of time for the delivery of these essential items during the Phase 1 reopening.
Hillsboro Community Foundation Grant Opportunity
The Hillsboro Community Foundation (HCF) is offering a separate grant to help small businesses pay their portion of the PPE cost ordered through the City. These HCF grants are intended to assist small business owners who are unable to pay for their portion of the PPE purchase. For more information, contact the Hillsboro Community Foundation.
Other Available Resources
- Hand sanitizer is available from the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce, located at 5193 NE Elam Young Pkwy Suite A, or Centro de Prosperidad, located at 400 E Main Street, Suite 110 in Downtown Hillsboro. For details, please call the Chamber of Commerce at 503-648-1102 or Centro de Prosperidad at 503-336-9895.
- Business Oregon launched its Supply Connector resource to make it easier for Oregon businesses to get the vital PPE they need to keep employees and customers safe.
- The Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce also has a list of entities producing PPE.
- For other resources in English and Spanish, visit our COVID-19 Business Resources webpage or call the City of Hillsboro at 503-681-6100.