Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
Get the latest news and events directly to your email inbox with Happening in Hillsboro email updates.
South Hillsboro Selected to Host 2018 Street of Dreams
Rosedale Parks' Vendage at The Reserve to Feature Latest Housing Innovations
All eyes will be focused on the South Hillsboro neighborhood next summer when the largest master-planned community in Oregon history hosts the 2018 NW Natural Street of Dreams®.
The Home Builders Association of Metro Portland selected Pahlisch Homes’ development, Vendage at The Reserve, located near Rosedale Elementary School, to host the event highlighting the latest innovations in residential construction.
“Every Hillsboro resident can take pride in having earned the honor of hosting the 2018 Street of Dreams,” said Mayor Steve Callaway. “It’s a direct reflection of the quality and livability of our great city.”
Vendage at The Reserve is located next to The Reserve Vineyards and Golf Club, and is part of the future 112-acre Rosedale Parks neighborhood within South Hillsboro. Vendage means the harvesting or harvest time of grapes, and the future development will provide an array of executive housing, townhomes, and condominiums to help meet the area’s need for a wide mix of housing options.
Road and infrastructure construction in the master-planned South Hillsboro neighborhood continues to progress. Home construction is expected to begin in 2018. Over the next 20 years, the area will boost the available supply of housing by approximately 8,000 homes. South Hillsboro will offer new retail, restaurants, public parks, open trails, and an extensive multi-modal transportation network for walking, biking, and off-road trails.
“South Hillsboro is ‘Where community comes to life,’” Mayor Callaway said. “It’s an exciting new destination that will benefit everyone who lives here now, and all of our family, friends, and coworkers who will live there someday.”
Hillsboro's Jackson School neighborhood has twice hosted the Street of Dreams: 1981 (NE Geraldine Street) and 2001 (NE Dunbar Court & NE Brennan Lane). The Street of Dreams also serves as a charitable fundraiser for the Home Builders Foundation, which has raised more than $1.6 million over the last 20 years to build and renovate 21 metro-area homeless shelters in communities including Tigard, Newberg, and Portland.
Watch drone video over South Hillsboro and discover more about the neighborhood’s planning at Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/SouthHillsboro.
Key Milestones in the Development of South Hillsboro(Expected dates subject to change)
- First home construction expected to begin - 2018
- Cornelius Pass Road opens south of TV Highway - 2018
- Blanton Road opens connecting 67th Avenue to 209th Avenue - 2018
- First home for sale - 2018
- Cornelius Pass Road widened north of TV Highway - 2019
- Town Center development expected - 2019
- Improvements to 209thAvenue/TV Highway Intersection - 2020
By the Numbers: South Hillsboro
- Nearly 2 decades of master-planning
- 1,400 acres for residential development
- About 8,000 residences of diverse types, architectural styles, and price ranges
- Housing options for nearly 20,000 community members
- 1,806 single-family homes, townhomes, and condos permitted so far
- 1 multi-modal transportation network with world-class bicycle infrastructure
- 2 mixed-use Town and Village Centers providing a range of shopping, services, and gathering spaces for all community members
- 15 miles of new, multi-use trails, co-located with planned school facilities
- 286 acres of new parks and open space