Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
Look Up! LED Street Light Conversion Underway
Over the next two years, the City of Hillsboro Public Works Department will be replacing all High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Mercury Vapor (MV) street light fixtures in the City of Hillsboro with energy-efficient Light Emitting Diode (LED) fixtures.
To prepare for LED street light installation, the Public Works Department will be pruning trees and vegetation located in your neighborhood’s public right-of-way.
What Customers Need to Know
- Tree trimming will occur mid-November 2017 to March 2018.
- Trimming a tree takes City crews approximately 20 minutes to an hour.
- Tree trimmings will be removed and recycled offsite.
- Home owners will receive 24-hour notice if vehicles need to be temporarily moved from the street for safety and access to the street light.
- Customers may experience minimal noise and congestion.
- City crews will only be trimming trees in the public right-of-way, not on private property.
- If you see a city crew trimming trees in your neighborhood, please be cautious and patient when traveling around the work zone.
For questions related to the preparatory tree trimming:
Thank you for your patience as we work to complete this important project.