5 Reasons We’re Proud to Support HSD Students and Educators
Supporting and showing pride for Hillsboro’s high-quality education system is a guiding principle of the Hillsboro City Council. Here are five great reasons why the City of Hillsboro is proud to support the Hillsboro School District (HSD):
- HSD’s $408 million capital construction bond will complete needed projects at all schools across the District over five years — through 2022.
- Glencoe High School’s Team Shockwave competed at the FIRST Robotics World Championship in Houston, Texas, finishing in 5th place overall out of 400 teams, and earning an Innovation in Controls award.
- West Union Elementary School sixth-grader Crawford Sly (pictured right) raised $12,000 to fund the drilling of a well in Uganda. The well will provide water for 120 students (grades 8-11) and their teachers.
- Century High School’s Civics and Community Services students’ volunteer work (pictured below) led to a $5,000 grant from the Oregon Community Foundation and the Juan Young Trust to grant to address a social need.
- HSD’s on-time graduation rate rose in 2017 to 84 percent, outpacing the state average by 7.45 percent.
Learn about other outstanding achievements in the Hillsboro School District by visiting www.hsd.k12.or.us, and congratulations to the graduates of the Class of 2018!