Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
Get the latest news and events directly to your email inbox with Happening in Hillsboro email updates.
Meet Your Neighborhood's School Resource Officers
Students, parents, teachers, and staff in the Hillsboro School District all appreciate the support and safety presence provided during the school year by the City of Hillsboro Police Department’s School Resource Officers.
Get to know the School Resource Officer who serves your neighborhood's schools, and see where they help facilitate a safe environment for Hillsboro’s youth. If you see them at school or around your neighborhood, say hello!
1. Detective Dow Tobin - Schools: Poynter Middle School, Brown Middle, Eastwood Elementary, Mooberry Elementary
Fun facts about Dow: He is a die-hard football fan. His first job was piloting tugboats in the Caribbean.
2. Detective Stephanie Winter - Schools: Hillsboro High School, Minter Bridge Elementary, W.L. Henry Elementary
Fun fact about Stephanie: She played basketball on a full-ride scholarship at Boise State University.
3. Detective Mox Herrman - Schools: Miller Education Schools, Evergreen Middle, Jackson Elementary, McKinnet Elementary
Fun facts about Mox: He has four kids and is a huge fan of Star Wars and Star Trek.
4. Detective Emory Souza - Schools: Liberty High School, Orenco Elementary, Quatama Elementary
Fun fact about Emory: He was in the U.S. Coast Guard and he loves spending time on his boat.
5. Detective Adela Rios - Schools: Glencoe High School, Lincoln Street Elementary, Patterson Elementary
Fun fact about Adela: She has two rescue dogs: Diego (Bonnie Hayes) and Gusto (Underdog Rescue).
6. Detective Stephen Slade - Schools: South Meadows Middle School, Brookwood Elementary, Witch Hazel Elementary
Fun fact about Stephen: He relaxes at home by gardening with his children.
7. Sergeant Brian Wilber (SRO Unit Supervisor)
Fun fact about Brian: Before becoming a police officer, he was a teacher.
8. Detective Lisa Erickson - Schools: Century High School, Ladd Acres Elementary, Imlay Elementary, Rosedale Elementary
Fun facts about Lisa: She loves spending time with her children, riding motorcycles, and living on a small farm.