Reminder: No Parking Near Mailboxes
Hillsboro residents can enjoy easier mail delivery and pick-up thanks to a Parking Code amendment that went into effect in 2017 prohibiting parking near public and private curbside cluster mailboxes.
The regulation requires 11 feet of clearance in both directions from a curbside cluster mailbox between 8 am and 6 pm throughout the week, except for Sundays and federal holidays.
Residents who experience mailbox blocking are encouraged to:
- Contact the City of Hillsboro Public Works Department at 503-681-6146 to request a “No Parking” sticker be placed on your mailbox as a reminder to other residents.
- Reach out to the person committing the action and ask them to comply with the regulation.
- Contact Hillsboro Code Compliance at 503-615-6645.
The City also reminds residents of the following areas where parking on public streets is prohibited:
- on a sidewalk
- in a bike lane
- on or within 20 feet of a marked or unmarked crosswalk
- in front of a driveway
- within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
- within 50 feet up to the approach of a stop sign, yield sign, traffic signal, flashing signal or any other traffic control device if your vehicle obstructs the view of the signal or traffic control device
Access the Hillsboro Municipal Code to learn more.