2018 Fall Leaf Collection Program Begins November 1
Help reduce flooding caused by clogged storm drains and keep the more than 230 miles of Hillsboro’s streets clean during the City of Hillsboro Public Works Department’s annual fall leaf pick-up and drop-off program. Working together, we can also keep debris from flowing downstream into water quality facilities, creeks, and streams.
Curbside Leaf Pick-Up
The curbside leaf pick-up season runs November 1 to December 20, 2018. The City has eight districts for curbside leaf pick-up. In each district, leaves will be picked up once in November and again in December. Before each pick-up date in your respective leaf collection district, please rake loose street tree leaves into a long row (windrow), spaced 18 inches away from the curb to allow storm water to drain. It is important to keep leaf windrows less than three feet high, and to not block mailboxes, driveways, garbage collection areas, or street intersections and cul-de-sacs.
To determine which leaf district your address is in and the dates leaves will be collected in your neighborhood:
- Access the leaf pick-up map and schedule
- Call 503-615-6509
- Pick up a copy of the map and schedule at the Civic Center Utility Billing Office (150 East Main Street) or the Hillsboro Public Works Facility (4415 NE 30th Avenue)
- Refer to the leaf collection flyer included with your Utility Bill
Leaf Disposal Drop-off & Food Drive
The City will also offer two leaf drop-off events for residents to haul and dispose of their loose leaves.
- Location: Fairground Sports Complex, NE 28th Avenue and NE Veterans Drive (By the tennis courts)
- Dates: Saturday, November 10, and Saturday, December 15, 2018
- Time: 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Loose leaves are preferred. If bagged, use biodegradable paper bags. Plastic bags will not be accepted nor will landscape debris from commercial enterprises. In addition, canned food donations are greatly appreciated. Your donation will be given to the Oregon Food Bank to help local families in need. Please consider donating.