5 Holiday Safety Tips
Post Date:11/09/2018 4:52 pm
Help protect the ones you care about most by talking about these tips from the City of Hillsboro’s Fire and Police departments.
- Home fires happen more often in winter. Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling or broiling food. Turn off the stove if you have to leave the kitchen, even for a short time.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn.
- Keep your tree stand filled with water at all times, and place the tree at least three feet from any heating source.
- If you expect a package delivery and aren’t planning to be home, consider having the package sent to your workplace or a trusted neighbor
- When holiday shopping, don’t leave gifts or valuables in plain sight in your vehicle. If you must leave them in your vehicle, conceal them in the trunk before you arrive at your destination.
Visit our Safety Tips webpage for more tips to keep you and your loved ones safe.