Read It Now: Updated Water Rate Questions & Answers
The City of Hillsboro Water Department carefully manages drinking water rates, and strives to ensure equity and affordability for all customers. Water rates are designed so that all customers, including residential, commercial, and industrial users, pay their fair share based on how they use the City’s water system and how much water they use.
Water rates for the Water Department service area are established and approved through an annual public hearing process by the City of Hillsboro Utilities Commission and go into effect at the start of each year.
On November 13, 2018, the Hillsboro Utilities Commission hosted a Water Rate Public Hearing to receive community input regarding the proposed 2019 water rate adjustment for all rate classes served by the Hillsboro Water Department, including residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
Response to questions, comments, and concerns shared at the Water Rate Public Hearing are now available on the Water Rate FAQ webpage. Community members can request a mailed copy by calling 503-615-6543.
Public feedback on the proposed 2019 water rate adjustment was accepted until 12 pm, Friday, December 7 through:
- An online form (closed)
- In-Person/Mail: City of Hillsboro Water Department, RE: Water Rate Feedback, 150 East Main Street, Third Floor
- Phone: 503-615-6702
- December 7, 2018: Public input regarding the proposed water rate change will be accepted until 12 pm on Friday, December 7, 2018. See details above.
- December 11, 2018: The Utilities Commission will vote on any proposed water rate adjustment at the Tuesday, December 11, 2018, regular monthly meeting at 1:30 pm in the Hillsboro Civic Center Conference Room 207. Members of the public are welcome.
- December 11, 2018: Results of the Utilities Commission vote on any proposed water rate change will be posted on the dedicated Water Rate webpage.
- February 1, 2019: If approved by the Utilities Commission, any water rate adjustment will take effect on this date.