Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
City Seeks Public Input on Hillsboro's Sidewalk Café Ordinance Updates
Community members are invited to offer input on proposed amendments to Hillsboro's Sidewalk Café Ordinance by Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
Proposed amendments include:
- Allowing the extension of the café to the adjacent property given the adjacent property owner’s consent
- Restrict the operation of a café within a curb extension (bulb-out)
- Requiring five feet of unobstructed sidewalk within four to eleven feet from the property line/building face
- Requirement of a two foot buffer from the curb
- Removal of the decorative barrier requirement
- Addition of discretion for the solid waste container requirement
- Phone at 503-681-6146
- In-Person at the Hillsboro Civic Center, 5th Floor, 150 East Main Street
Submitted comments will be reviewed and the draft ordinance presented to the City of Hillsboro Transportation Committee in February 2019. The draft ordinance will then be presented to and decided on by City Council in March 2019.
Previously adopted by City Council in December 2011, the Sidewalk Café Ordinance regulates the use, conditions, and permitted areas of sidewalk cafés.