Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
Get the latest news and events directly to your email inbox with Happening in Hillsboro email updates.
City News Briefs: Quick Updates on Hillsboro news
- The Hillsboro City Council adopted the Crescent Park Greenway Concept Plan for the 18-mile trail in February.
- Arborists recommended removing dozens of evergreen trees on the west side of 53rd Avenue because of red ring rot, beetle infestation, and other hazardous conditions that impact the trees' long term health. The area is adjacent to the future Community Center at 53rd Avenue. Many non-diseased trees will be used as habitat at Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve.
- Spring has arrived! Check out five ways to be 'Spring Water Wise.'
- Water leaks account for 12 percent of water use in the average American home. Learn how to test your toilet for leaks.
- The City of Hillsboro's Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program teamed up with the Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition's Adopt-A-Bike Program to provide biking kits to 52 students at Lincoln Street, McKinney, and W.L. Henry elementary schools. SRTS program staff also hosted Patterson Elementary School's first-ever Walk and Roll Rodeo.
- Portland State University's football team will play all six home games in 2019 at Hillsboro Stadium.
- The University of Portland baseball team will take on the NCAA's 2018 College World Series champions, Oregon State University, at Ron Tonkin Field on March 26 at 5 pm.
- Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici met with Mayor Callaway and Brookwood Library staff in January to learn more about the Great Stories Club, a nationwide reading and discussion program for underserved teens.
- Need to check if a Hillsboro address has changed during the Connecting Hillsboro Address Project? Use the new website app!
Get news and event information directly to your inbox with Happening in Hillsboro email updates.