Welcome to Hillsboro's Digital Newsroom! Here you will find Hillsboro's latest news and announcements. If you are a member of the media and need additional assistance, please contact us at 503-681-6100.
Speed Limit Reductions Set for Three Hillsboro Streets
Slower Speeds Planned for Shute Road, Century Boulevard, and 53rd Avenue
The Hillsboro City Council has voted to temporarily reduce the speed limit on three Hillsboro streets.
NE Shute Road: Between NE Brookwood Parkway and NE Butler Street
- The speed limit will be reduced from 45 miles per hour to 35 miles per hour during Intel's expansion project.
- The temporary reduction is expected to continue through October 2021.
NE Century Boulevard: Between NE Cornell Road and NE Butler Street
- The speed limit will be lowered from 40 miles per hour to 35 miles per hour until ODOT staff can evaluate a permanently reduced speed limit.
- The intersection of NE Century and NE Walbridge Drive has been identified as a future site for a Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacon (RRFB) to enhance pedestrian crossing safety.
NE 53rd Avenue: Between East Main Street and NE Elam Young Parkway
- The speed limit has dropped from 40 miles per hour to 35 miles per hour, alongside a request to ODOT to permanently reduce the speed limit.
- The intersection at NE 53rd Avenue and NE Hidden Creek Drive has been identified as a future site for a Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacon (RRFB) in conjunction with the completion of the Community Center at 53rd Avenue.