Obtaining Your Impounded Vehicle:
A vehicle release is required to get your vehicle out of impound. Vehicle releases can be obtained from the Hillsboro Police Department Main Station at 250 SE 10th Avenue.
You must provide the following to obtain a vehicle release:
- Proof of ownership (DMV registration, vehicle title, notarized bill of sale). The owner of the vehicle must be present or provide a notarized letter authorizing release to a third party. Vehicle registration must be current. Notarized bills of sale outside 30 days will not be accepted. You will need to go to DMV and get the vehicle registered in your name.
- Proof of current insurance.
- Valid driver's license. If the owner of the vehicle does not have a valid driver's license, they must bring a licensed driver with them.
- $100.00 fee in the form of exact cash, cashier's check or money order.
- Title:Police Records Supervisor