About the Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council
The Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council (HACC) is a citizen advisory committee appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the additional City Council members. Under the general direction of the City Council, the HACC oversees policies and programs pertaining to arts and culture for the City. It is housed in the Parks and Recreation Department and is administered by the City of Hillsboro’s Cultural Arts Program Manager.
The mission of the Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council is to promote and support the growth of arts and culture as assets for a vital, prosperous, and livable community.
- To encourage and celebrate a diverse range of arts and cultural expressions in keeping with Hillsboro's unique identity and sense of place.
- To build capacity and collaborations among artists and arts and cultural organizations and with other community interests.
- To expand awareness and opportunities for cultural participation.
- To promote life-long cultural learning through the arts and culture.
- To further integrate the arts and culture into Hillsboro's civic priorities.
The HACC is made up of between 11 and 17 members who have been or are associated with specific arts, culture, heritage, business, education, social services, and government groups in the City. Members are not appointed to represent specific constituencies but to act on behalf of the entire community.
Members may serve up to two consecutive terms and are eligible for reappointment after a one-term absence.HACC Members
|Bryan Welsh, Chair||December 31, 2018|
|Jean Lasswell, Vice Chair||December 31, 2018|
|Ed Arrington||December 31, 2018|
|Tara Burke||December 31, 2018|
|Joan Callaway||December 31, 2019|
|Ramon Cancel||December 31, 2018|
|Martin Conley|| December 31, 2020
|Tracy Francis||December 31, 2020|
|BJ Jeddeloh||December 31, 2019|
|Jeff Jurrens||December 31, 2019|
|Tonya Macalino||December 31, 2020|
|Alisa McDonald||December 31, 2019|
|Gayle Nachtigal||December 31, 2018|
|Dawn Sellers||December 31, 2019|
|Ellie Villaraldo||December 31, 2018|
- Apply to join a City commission, committee, or board online
- Print the handwritten application form for a City board or commission
- Board, Commission & Committee Organizational Chart
HACC Meeting Schedule & Documents
|Arts & Culture Council Meeting||07/25/2018 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Not Included|
|Arts & Culture Council Meeting||08/22/2018 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Not Included|
|Arts & Culture Council Meeting||09/26/2018 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Not Included|
|Arts & Culture Council Meeting||10/24/2018 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Not Included|
|Arts & Culture Council Meeting||11/28/2018 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm||Not Included|