Digital File Requirements
- Drawing Files: Each sheet/page of the drawing shall be uploaded as a separate file and in landscape view. Drawing files will be rejected if uploaded as a multi-page document or incorrect orientation.
- Supporting Document Files: All files required as part of the application submission, other than drawing files, e.g., Structural Calculations, Geo-Tech Reports, Easement Letters, Application Narrative and Certifications, shall be uploaded as individual multipage documents.
Border and Reserved Space Requirements
It is virtually impossible to predict each individual or company’s unique border sizes and title block areas. As a result, the following locations are offered as guides to ensure that when viewed, the Approval Stamp is visible and not truncated.
|Sheet Size||Stamp Location||Reserved Space (Dimensions)|
|8.5" x 11"||Upper right corner||2.0" x 2.0"|
|11" x 17"||Upper right corner||2.0" x 2.0"|
|24" x 36"||5" from upper right edge of page inset to 8" Top edge inset down to 3"||3.0" x 3.0"|
|36" x 48"||5" from upper right edge of page inset to 8" Top edge inset down to 3"||3.0" x 3.0"|
An area located in the top right corner of all drawings shall be reserved for the City of Hillsboro electronic stamp. Our stamp location will allow for a ½” border.
File Type Requirements
- Supporting Documents: Searchable PDF files are preferred for calculations, reports and other non-drawing files.
- ProjectDox does not support 3D files with this release. If you are interested in submitting a 3D file please ask us about it.
- If applicants choose to create PDF files, we would like them to be “Smart PDF’s” (i.e. text searchable, maintain layers and retain calibration settings).
The following table highlights acceptable formats.
|Drawings||.PDF & .DWF|
|Supporting Documents||.PDF, .DOC, .DOCX, .XLS, .XLSX, .PPT, .PPTX, .PPS, .PPSX, .JPG, .TIF, .TFF, .PNG, .IMG, .BMB, .TXT, .VSD & .RTF|
Electronic Stamps and Signature Requirements
When applicable, files must be electronically stamped with a signature per Oregon Statutes and Oregon Administrative Rules. There are specific provisions for electronic signatures within the Rules and Regulations. Architects and Engineers are responsible to meet the rules. The following links are provided for further information:
- Architects: Oregon Secretary of State Archives Division
- Engineers: Oregon Secretary of State Archives Division
Drawing Scale Requirements
- All plans must be drawn to scale.
- All drawings must be calibrated. This calibration shall be saved in the drawing ensuring it is available to the reviewer.
- Each sheet must have an independent scale i.e. 1in = 40ft or 3/16in = 1ft
- When more than one scale is used on a sheet, an independent scale must accompany the applicable detail.