Our system is currently only working when using the browser Internet Explorer 11.
ProjectDox Submittal and Review Process
Although we work hard at having consistent processes, each City of Hillsboro Community Development Department has a few different submittal requirements through ProjectDox. The following are steps for submitting applications to the Planning Department using ProjectDox.
Start a New Application
1. Complete the Application Form. Please make sure that all information on the application is filled in completely. Click on the link below for a list of Planning applications forms and fees. Please be sure to review all of the submittal requirements and checklists that apply to the application you are submitting, and pay special attention to the electronic file naming standards. Following these standards helps us review your applications more efficiently.
2. Submit the completed application form and applicable fees to the Planning Department. This may be dropped off, delivered or mailed to our office. Please remember to submit the original signed application form to the Planning Department and to keep a scanned copy with the signatures to submit with your uploaded electronic files. The Planning Department must receive the original hard-copy, signed application form and applicable fees to initiate a project in ProjectDox. Once your application form and fees have been received, a project will be created in ProjectDox for your application. You will receive an email with a link to start the upload process in ProjectDox. Now you're on your way to electronic plan review.
Submit Your Electronic Application Materials for Review
3. Log in to ProjectDox. Log in to ProjectDox to view your active projects, and to upload your application materials. Click on a link below for instructions to log in as a new user to ProjectDox, or an existing user. For instructions on resetting your password, click on the link to log in as an Existing User.
4. Upload Electronic Files. Submit your application materials electronically to your project in ProjectDox. Click on the link below for instructions to upload your files.
5. Prescreen Review. During the Prescreen Review task, Planning is checking to ensure correct file naming standards, submittal requirements, and for application completeness. Click on the link below for information on the Prescreen Review task.
Electronic Plan Review
6. Plan Review. Once your application has been deemed complete, electronic application review begins. The typical review period is 14 days. Click on the link below for information on electronic plan review.
7. Corrections Needed/Applicant Resubmittal. Unlike with Building or Engineering permits, Planning applications typically don't go through multiple review cycles as conditions of approval are placed on the decision. If you are asked to make corrections or resubmit revised application materials, you will receive an email notifying you of corrections needed. Click on the link below for instructions.
8. Approval Process. Planning will issue a Notice of Decision for your submitted application, typically with conditions of approval. The decision will be uploaded to your project and will also be mailed to you. Click on the link below for information on the Planning approval process.
We want you to be successful when using our system. Please contact us if you need assistance, or if we can answer any questions for you.
We value your comments, so please let us know how we are doing. Please visit our online suggestion box to leave us your thoughts.
Thank you for being part of growing great things in Hillsboro!