The Hillsboro Environmental Sustainability Plan (ESP) represents a major milestone in our community’s history, setting measurable, achievable long term environmental goals and indicators in the areas of energy, resource conservation, and waste management.
Environmental Sustainability is one of five focus areas within the Hillsboro 2035 Community Plan. The impetus to creating the Environmental Sustainability Plan came from the Hillsboro community. In 2010, during the 10-year update to Hillsboro 2020, community members identified environmental sustainability as a top priority. The result was establishment in 2012 of the Mayoral-appointed Hillsboro Sustainability Task Force, which was tasked with developing this Plan.
The Task Force continues to oversee implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Plan, including support to the numerous community partners implementing Plan actions, annual reporting on progress, and adapting to changes. The Hillsboro 2035 Community Plan Oversight Committee and City Council will be kept apprised of progress, as will the broader community.
2018-2019 Hillsboro Sustainability Task Force Members
- Heather Robinson, Chair, Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling
- Ted Vacek, Former Chair, Advisor
- Evan Aldrete, Insomnia Coffee
- Tom Arnold, City of Hillsboro Public Works Department
- Carol Brown, Hillsboro Resident
- Heidi Burkart, Hillsboro School District
- Steve Callaway, Hillsboro Mayor
- Max Ebnother, Intel
- Linda Everett, Hillsboro Citizen, Hillsboro 2035 Liaison
- Kristel Griffith, City of Hillsboro Water Department
- Bob Grover, Hillsboro Chamber, Pacific Landscape Services
- Adam Haslam, Kaiser Permanente
- Caitlin Horsley, Portland General Electric
- Anthony Martin, Hillsboro City Council
- Mac Martin, Clean Water Services
- David McIlnay, City of Hillsboro Planning Department
- Mary Moerlins, NW Natural Gas
- Jeff Pazdalski, Westside Transportation Alliance
- Laura Schaefer, OHSU Primate Center Hillsboro
- Ryan Stee, City of Hilllsboro Parks & Recreation Department
- Kelly Xu, Hillsboro Youth Advisory Council
- Climate Action Plan Opportunities Framework
- Task Force Construct
- Environmental Sustainability Plan
- 2016 Community Environmental Sustainability Annual Report
- 2017 Community Environmental Sustainability Annual Report
Meetings Click here for a list of meetings and materials.
Peter Brandom, Senior Project Manager
City of Hillsboro