Proctoring at Hillsboro Public Library
Proctoring is offered at Brookwood Library for a fee, when space and staff time are available.
- $25 per exam.
- The fee includes printing, USPS postage, and/or scanning services.
- Payment may be made in cash, or by credit/debit card.
- Proctoring is currently available Sunday and Wednesday from 1 pm to 5 pm at the Brookwood Library. All exams must be finished no later than 5 pm. We will accept no more than four (4) appointments per day.
- Scheduling is dependent upon when a staff member responsible for administering the exams is on duty. Arrangements must be made ahead of time, so that there is adequate time for delivery of the exam to the Library. Library staff will determine whether they have the available resources to proctor an exam and may decline, at any time, if they do not have the staff available or the exam does not meet the guidelines listed above.
- To schedule a time to have your exam proctored, fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Additionally, if your school requires a proctor form to be filled out, please email the form to the Reference Department at email@example.com.
- We require at least one (1) week notice prior to the desired testing date; more lead time is preferred.
- Make all arrangements with the institution giving the exam.
- Contact his/her institution to be sure that Library staff proctoring exams meet criteria set by the institution.
- Arrange for delivery of the exam. Library staff cannot make these arrangements for you.
- Contact the Library to verify exam information has been received and to make final arrangements for the exam date.
- Exams may be written on paper or taken online. The staff member will ensure that the person taking the exam meets all requirements, such as verifying ID and whether he/she has any accompanying materials.
- The Library provides computers to use for online testing. Personal laptops are permitted, depending upon the institution’s requirements. Since Library staff must attend to other duties, they cannot be expected to personally oversee the test taker at all times.
- Exams received by the Library and not taken by the student within one month will be discarded.
Other local proctoring options:
- Cedar Mill Community Library - the only other Washington County library that offers proctoring.
- Portland State University's proctoring service
- Multnomah County Library's proctoring service
- The online service www.ProctorU.com, where you can have tests proctored via webcam.