Volunteers are an important part of the Hillsboro Public Library team. Every year, hundreds of volunteers contribute their time and talents to the Library, gaining new skills and getting a behind-the-scenes view of the Library, while helping the Library provide services to the whole community.
Volunteers are involved in the Library’s work in many ways and tackle a variety of projects, including:
- Shelving books and other Library materials
- Presenting international storytimes
- Pricing and sorting used materials for book sales
- Helping with special events and programs
- Providing individual computer and technology help to patrons
- Offering homework help for students
- Hosting labs or teaching classes in the Collaboratory
We are looking for volunteers who have completed at least seventh grade and who can commit to a regularly-scheduled shift of two hours per week for at least three months.
Interested? Fill out an application and we'll be in touch about current opportunities and next steps. Or take a look below for some answers to frequently asked questions.
For more information, email our Volunteer Services Team, or call 503-615-3457.
Frequently Asked Questions: