City Facilities Closed
To slow the spread of coronavirus and protect our community members’ health, all City of Hillsboro facilities are closed until further notice.
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center promotes and supports recreation programs and activities which benefit participants ages 62 and better.
The facility offers rentals for your special event or meeting. Classes, educational workshops, and special events are listed in the"Senior" section of the Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Activities Guide. There are several volunteer opportunities available to choose from and for those looking to travel, browse our current travel schedule. Stop by the Center for full details and to register for your next trip. If you need more to do, check out the Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Activities Guide for additional classes for all ages.
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center periodically sponsors special events at the facility or elsewhere. These events can be found here.
Menu and Activities Calendars
Monthly lunch menu and activities calendars are produced and included in monthly newsletters. Lunch service begins at 12:00 pm, is only $5 per person (unless it's a special lunch event, like Thanksgiving), and anyone may attend. Please let us know in advance if you will be bringing a group so we can be prepared.
Current Opportunities for Entertainment, Activities and Services
Stay updated on what's going on at the Senior Center by checking out the seasonal Activities Guide. From these online versions, you can directly register for a class by clicking on the class number, providing you have an account with us. If you do not, call us at (503) 681-6120 and we'll help you set one up. Pick up a paper version of our Activities Guide at any of our facilities. The Active Adult/Senior Center section is the end of the green section of pages.
A full slate of travel opportunities are planned annually by a talented member of the Supporters of the Hillsboro Community Senior Center. Each of these getaways offers a single price for transportation, admission to each destination, and often meals. Some destinations are close by and others require a plane ride. Some are an afternoon and some span several days. There's sure to be a trip you'd enjoy on the list!
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center offers a variety of unique and exciting travel opportunities geared toward older adults in and outside the Hillsboro area. In order to ensure successful experiences and manage the large number of travelers, we have established the following policies.
General Information and Policies
- Most trips depart from and return to the Hillsboro Community Senior Center.
- Trip schedules are approximate and subject to change.
- Out of respect to fellow travelers, vendors, and escorts please adhere to the schedule of events set forth on the day of the trip. This includes departure and return time as well as specific excursion schedules. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of return transportation or participation on future trips.
- Upon registration you will receive a receipt detailing the date(s) and times of your trip. Please mark your calendar! Reminder calls are not guaranteed for any program.
- On the day of the trip, please park in the gravel lot of the Community Senior Center.
- Travelers are encouraged to arrive at the center no later than 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- As a courtesy to other travelers, please refrain from wearing perfumes, lotions or other fragrant products on trips.
- All trip prices include coach, event admissions (where applicable), and administrative costs of the travel program, unless otherwise noted.
- Hillsboro Parks & Recreation staff members are unable to release information about other travel patrons.
- Hillsboro Parks & Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items that become displaced on trips.
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center requires that trips be paid in full at the time of registration. The center accepts cash, check, Visa MasterCard and Discover for payment of trips and other programs. Registration must be completed prior to the reservation close date, which is generally 30 days in advance. Exact reservation period close dates will be determined by payment due dates established by the center's travel vendors.
Each trip offered by the center has a limited number of spaces. When space on a particular trip is completely filled, interested patrons will be placed on a waitlist. If a spot becomes available, the first patron on the waitlist will be notified immediately. If the patron chooses to accept the opening, payment for the trip is due in full 24 hours after notification. Without payment, the opening will be forfeited and offered to the next patron on the waitlist. We are unable to accommodate personal registration transfers of any kind. Persons not on the registration list will not be permitted to board the bus on the day of the trip.
Any and all costs paid by the center and/or Hillsboro Parks & Recreation are nonrefundable/non-creditable, regardless of cancellation date, if the open reservation remains unfilled. If the center is able to fill the cancelled reservation, a credit reflecting the full amount paid for trip will be placed on the patrons' Hillsboro Parks & Recreation account to use for future programs. Patrons who wish to receive a refund in lieu of a credit may do so minus a $5 processing fee retained by the center. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for refund processing.
The center reserves the right to cancel or change any of its programs, and will attempt to give patrons as much notice as possible. In the event of a center cancellation participants will receive a full credit or full refund for the price of the trip or program without a processing fee.
Community Senior Center Rental Information
- Facilities Rental Application
- Instructions for Online Insurance Enrollment
- Alcohol Use Policy
- View Facility Availability Calendar
The Community Senior Center is located in the corner of historic Shute Park at 8th and Maple Streets. This building is wheelchair accessible and the Dining Hall can accommodate up to 200 guests. Half the East Room accommodates up to 25 people and the whole East Room accommodates up to 50. Call 503-615-1090 for rental information and room availability. Rental fees are listed below.
|Dining Hall||East Room|
Community Senior Center has available during rental use:
- 18 - 60" round tables
- 195 - vinyl padded chairs
- 6 - 30" round bistro tables
- 3 - 72" x 30" rectangle, tan utility tables
- 2 - 72" x 36" rectangle, tan utility tables
- 12 - 72" x 30" rectangle wood tables
- 8 - 72" x 30" rectangle, tan utility tables
- 11 - 36" x 36" card tables
- 56 - tan folding chairs
- A $55 refundable cleaning/damage deposit for the East Room (half or full) and a $250 deposit for the Dining Hall (with or without Kitchen) is required with the Rental Application. The full rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event.
- The cleaning/damage deposit will be refunded if building and equipment are left in satisfactory condition. The deposit will be refunded the following week if paid by credit card or within three weeks if paid by check or cash.
- Rental hours: 6 pm - 11 pm Monday - Friday and 7 am - 11 pm Saturday & Sunday.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served at the Community Senior Center only with approval after complying with the Alcohol Usage Policy (see above). Some situations may require a Special Events License from the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC). Inquire with OLCC at 503-872-5070 to determine if you need an OLCC Special Events License.
- The service and consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the approved rented areas of all City of Hillsboro facilities. All service and consumption must meet OLCC requirements.
- The use of all tobacco products is prohibited on Parks & Recreation on property.
- Only freestanding decorations.
- No amplified music is permitted outside the building without Park Commission approval.
- No commercial or "for profit" use of the building is permitted.
- There is a projection screen and projector, but no laptop. There is free WiFi access.
- The person supervising the activity must be present at the Community Senior Center throughout the duration of the rental use.
- No special equipment may be brought in without prior approval. Examples include electrical equipment or lighting, musical instruments, platforms, props, etc.
- Rental groups are responsible to set up and return tables and chairs to their original location. Do not take tables or chairs outside of the building.
- Groups need to provide their own utensils, plates, cups/glasses, napkins, condiments and other event related items.
- Renters are responsible to pay for all property damage to the facility resulting directly or indirectly from the conduct of any group member or invitees. Children must be supervised at all times.
A clean-up option is available for an additional fee. Otherwise you are responsible for cleaning the facility before leaving and clean-up time is to be calculated in your total time of use.
- Remove all decorations and everything brought to the facility for your event.
- Leave kitchen area clean, wipe off all counters and appliances, and turn off all equipment.
- Sweep and clean all floors; clean up any spills and mop if necessary.
- All garbage should be bagged and placed in the dumpster outside. This includes garbage cans in restrooms. Replace garbage cans with clean liner bags.
- Cleaning equipment is located in the storage room.
- Please immediately report any damage or non-functioning items to the Facility Supervisor.
- Return tables and chairs to original location.
- The supervisor will inspect the facility (with renter) at the conclusion of event.
- Remove all decorations and everything brought to the facility for your event.
- All garbage can liners should be replaced if used.
A Facility Supervisor will be scheduled at the Community Senior Center for your event. The Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring the event, inspection of facility following the event, and securing the facility.
2020 In Full Bloom Newsletters
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center produces a semi-monthly newsletter with timely information about the Center and its supporting non-profit, Friends of the Hillsboro Community Senior Center (FHCSC). Two calendars are included; one contains activities going on at the Center during the month and the other is the lunch menu. A Spanish translation of each calendar is also included. Read on to discover all the fun you can have by joining us!