The Hillsboro Community Senior Center periodically sponsors special events at the facility or elsewhere. These events can be found here.
Menu and Activities Calendars
Monthly lunch menu and activities calendars are produced and included in monthly newsletters. Lunch service begins at 12:00 pm, is only $4 per person (unless it's a special lunch event, like Thanksgiving), and anyone may attend. Please let us know in advance if you will be bringing a group so we can be prepared.
Current Opportunities for Entertainment, Activities and Services
Stay updated on what's going on at the Senior Center by checking out the seasonal Activities Guide. From these online versions, you can directly register for a class by clicking on the class number, providing you have an account with us. If you do not, call us at (503) 681-6120 and we'll help you set one up. Pick up a paper version of our Activities Guide at any of our facilities. The Active Adult/Senior Center section is the end of the green section of pages.
A full slate of travel opportunities are planned annually by a talented member of the Supporters of the Hillsboro Community Senior Center. Each of these getaways offers a single price for transportation, admission to each destination, and often meals. Some destinations are close by and others require a plane ride. Some are an afternoon and some span several days. There's sure to be a trip you'd enjoy on the list!
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center offers a variety of unique and exciting travel opportunities geared toward older adults in and outside the Hillsboro area. In order to ensure successful experiences and manage the large number of travelers, we have established the following policies.
General Information and Policies
- Most trips depart from and return to the Hillsboro Community Senior Center.
- Trip schedules are approximate and subject to change.
- Out of respect to fellow travelers, vendors, and escorts please adhere to the schedule of events set forth on the day of the trip. This includes departure and return time as well as specific excursion schedules. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of return transportation or participation on future trips.
- Upon registration you will receive a receipt detailing the date(s) and times of your trip. Please mark your calendar! Reminder calls are not guaranteed for any program.
- On the day of the trip, please park in the gravel lot of the Community Senior Center.
- Travelers are encouraged to arrive at the center no later than 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- As a courtesy to other travelers, please refrain from wearing perfumes, lotions or other fragrant products on trips.
- All trip prices include coach, event admissions (where applicable), and administrative costs of the travel program, unless otherwise noted.
- Hillsboro Parks & Recreation staff members are unable to release information about other travel patrons.
- Hillsboro Parks & Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items that become displaced on trips.
The Hillsboro Community Senior Center requires that trips be paid in full at the time of registration. The center accepts cash, check, Visa MasterCard and Discover for payment of trips and other programs. Registration must be completed prior to the reservation close date, which is generally 30 days in advance. Exact reservation period close dates will be determined by payment due dates established by the center's travel vendors.
Each trip offered by the center has a limited number of spaces. When space on a particular trip is completely filled, interested patrons will be placed on a waitlist. If a spot becomes available, the first patron on the waitlist will be notified immediately. If the patron chooses to accept the opening, payment for the trip is due in full 24 hours after notification. Without payment, the opening will be forfeited and offered to the next patron on the waitlist. We are unable to accommodate personal registration transfers of any kind. Persons not on the registration list will not be permitted to board the bus on the day of the trip.
Any and all costs paid by the center and/or Hillsboro Parks & Recreation are nonrefundable/non-creditable, regardless of cancellation date, if the open reservation remains unfilled. If the center is able to fill the cancelled reservation, a credit reflecting the full amount paid for trip will be placed on the patrons' Hillsboro Parks & Recreation account to use for future programs. Patrons who wish to receive a refund in lieu of a credit may do so minus a $5 processing fee retained by the center. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for refund processing.
The center reserves the right to cancel or change any of its programs, and will attempt to give patrons as much notice as possible. In the event of a center cancellation participants will receive a full credit or full refund for the price of the trip or program without a processing fee.