WILD - Wetlands Individual Leadership Development
Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve offers volunteer counselor opportunities for their WILD Program (Wetlands Individual Leadership Development). This is a great volunteer opportunity for students who love the outdoors and enjoy working with children. Camps run from June - August.
WILD volunteers will work in an outdoor nature day camp for youth ranging in ages six to 12. Applicants must be in High School and be at least 14 years old. Volunteers need to be available for a minimum of one week during the summer and are required to attend a screening interview and orientation. Students must apply online before April 9, 2018.
- Volunteers will serve at least one week of camp and may be asked to serve in at least one outreach event between June - August 2018.
- Applicants must attend a 15 minute screening interview on April 13 or April 14.
- Applicants who are selected must attend a WILD orientation on May 11 or May 12.
- Volunteers must accept supervision and guidance.
- Volunteers assist staff working with youth in a nature camp or field trip setting.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from camp locations.
Application & Hiring Process
- Fill out the online application. The application is due by April 9, 2018.
- Select an interview date/time. Interviews will be held on April 13 or 14.
- If accepted into the program, you must attend one of the two orientations offered on May 11 from 5 - 7:30 or on May 12 from 10 am to 12:30 pm.
Sarah Elizabeth Delepine