WILD - Wetlands Individual Leadership Development
Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve offers volunteer counselor opportunities for their WILD Program (Wetlands Individual Leadership Development). This is a great volunteer opportunity for students who love the outdoors and enjoy working with children. Camps run from June - August.
WILD volunteers will work in an outdoor nature day camp for youth ranging in ages six to 12. Applicants must be in High School and be at least 14 years old. Volunteers need to be available for a minimum of one week during the summer and are required to attend a screening interview and orientation. Students must apply online before April 1, 2020.
- Volunteers will serve at least one week of camp and may be asked to serve in at least one outreach event between June - August.
- Applicants must attend a 15 minute screening interview.
- Applicants who are selected must attend a WILD orientation.
- Volunteers must accept supervision and guidance.
- Volunteers assist staff working with youth in a nature camp or field trip setting.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from camp locations.
Application & Hiring Process
- Fill out the online application. The application is due by April 1, 2020.
- Select an interview date/time. Interviews will be held on April 10.
- If accepted into the program, you must attend the orientation offered on May 8 from 5 - 7:30 pm.
Sarah Elizabeth Delepine