SHARC is reopening on Monday, June 22 for land fitness and group classes.
We’ve made some big changes, all with safety in mind. Below is what you can expect with regards to what is open and what remains closed.
Safety for Our Patrons and Staff
- Upon arrival at SHARC, both staff and patrons will be required to sign-in and answer a few health screening questions.
- Masks are not required for patrons while exercising on fitness equipment or participating in a fitness class, but will be required to wear a face covering in all other areas throughout the building. While our team has taken a lot of safety precautions, SHARC is still a public space, and we can’t guarantee you won’t come into close contact with another person.
- SHARC staff will be wearing face masks/shields (as per, State guidelines).
- Follow all signage to support personal hygiene. Hand sanitation stations will be available.
- Follow all signage and floor markers and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 ft between persons. Directional signs will be posted for entry and exiting of rooms, hallways, and other locations.
- Arrive in your workout gear and limit your belongings. Locker rooms are closed and lockers are not available.
- Touchless water filling stations will be open, but we encourage you to come with your own full bottle.
- Sanitation will be more important than ever, so please help us keep the fitness areas and equipment clean and safe for everyone by wiping down your machines.
- Please stay home if you’re sick or have been in contact with anyone sick in your household.
- Participants assume all risk of personal injury, death and property damage resulting from the use of the equipment and services offered by the City of Hillsboro and its agents. Please refer to posted rules throughout SHARC.
Cardio/Weight Room is open!
- Capacity for each area and room are limited to ensure proper physical distancing and compliance with Oregon Health Authority Guidelines.
- Available equipment includes cardiovascular machines and selected weight equipment. Free weights, the squat rack, the Smith machine, Treadwall, and Rope Machine are not available for use at this time.
- Cardio and weight machines have been spread out to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between machines to allow for physical distancing.
- Cardio and weight machines have also been moved to other locations, including the Stretching Room, the Multi-Purpose Rooms, and the alcove near the Group Exercise Room.
- Patrons will need to wipe down equipment with the provided sanitizer before and after use of a machine or piece of equipment.
Group Exercise classes are open!
- See the Group Exercise Schedule and information below.
- Capacity for each class are limited to ensure proper physical distancing and compliance with Oregon Health Authority Guidelines.Reservation for a Group Exercise Class does not include use of the Cardio/Weight Room.
- Group Exercise classes will be held in the Group Exercise Room, on the outdoor pool deck, and outside in the grassy area adjacent to the Outdoor Pool.
- Locker Rooms are closed at this time. Restrooms are available for use.
- Lockers are not available for use.
- Pools and Spa/Hot Tub are closed at this time.
- The Sauna is closed at this time.
- The Kid Fit Room is closed. Please do not bring children to the facility during your group exercise class or reserved fitness time.
- Towel rental has been suspended during this time. You are welcome to bring your own towel.
- Advanced registration is required for each Group Exercise Class.
- Advanced registration is required for a time block for the Cardio/Weight Room.
- See time blocks listed below.
- Registration will be available on Sunday at 8 am for the following week, Monday – Sunday.
- Please limit to 1 time block per person per day.
- Drop-ins will be allowed if there is space available in each time block.
- Register through ActiveNet or call 503-681-6127
Cardio/Weight Room Timeblocks
- Open Block 1: 8 – 9 am
- Open Block 2: 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Open Block 3: 11 am – 12 pm
- Open Block 4: 12:30 – 1:30 pm
- Open Block 5: 2 – 3 pm
- Open Block 6: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
- Open Block 7: 5 – 6 pm
The facility will be closed for 30 minutes between every one-hour time block for cleaning. Patrons will not be allowed in the facility during this time.
- All patrons can sign up for a 1-month Welcome Back Pass, renewable at the beginning of each month. This will be the only membership available at this time.
- Due to limited offerings, we will not be reactivating our 3-Month, 12-Month or On-Going memberships at this time.
- The Welcome Back Pass will allow access to the fitness equipment and Group Exercise classes.
- We will also accept Silver&Fit, SilverSneakers, and Healthy Contributions memberships.
- The Welcome Back Pass will cost $10 Resident/$15 Non-Resident per month.
- Passes are valid for individuals only.
- Passes may be purchase over the phone at 503-681-6127 or at the SHARC Front Desk.
- Prices for the Welcome Back Pass are subject to change as more SHARC amenities become available per the Re-Opening of Oregon.
- Single Admission fees will remain the same -- Resident/Non-resident
- Young Adult -- $4.50/$6.50
- Adult -- $5/$7
- Citizen with Disabilities -- $4/$6
- Senior -- $4/$6
- Schedule has been modified to reflect class sizes and class locations and equipment use modifications.
- Register in advance for a spot in each class.
- Drop-ins will be allowed only if space available at the start of class.
- Group exercise classes will be limited based on the capacity, between 9 – 12 participants.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before class. Please leave once your class is complete.
- Come ready to workout! Locker rooms are not available so arrive dressed for your class.
- Bring a filled water bottle. Water bottle fill stations are available but drinking fountains are not.
- Bring your own exercise mat. Mats will not be provide.
- Classes held outside may be cancelled due to inclement weather. We will do our best to notify registered participants.
- View the group exercise class schedule and descriptions.