COVID-19: Many City facilities and all playgrounds are closed. View our City Facilities and Parks Status Map to see what's open.
Get the latest coronavirus updates on our COVID-19 webpage. Para actualizaciones en español, visite nuestra página de Noticias.
PPE Grants Open: Apply for the Hillsboro Protective Equipment Grant for small businesses. Solicite una subvención para pequeñas empresas.

Alcohol Use Policy

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Alcoholic beverages may be served at Glenn & Viola Walters Cultural Arts Center, River House, Hillsboro Community Senior Center, Civic Center Complex, Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve and Gordon Faber Recreation Complex only with proper review and approval. The following conditions apply: Alcohol Usage Policy.

City of Hillsboro Alcohol Usage Policy

  • Events at Gordon Faber Recreation Complex and Civic Center Complex require separate negotiations and contracts.
  • If you are serving alcohol and you either require payment or purchase, or accept donations of money (including a tip jar), please contact OLCC at 503-872-5198 for further information. 
  • If you are serving alcohol and attendance is more than 50 people, general liability insurance and a licensed OLCC server are required (OLCC license must be shown to facility supervisor/manager at the start of the rental). If attendance is fewer than 50 people, then no insurance is needed and no licensed server is required.
  • If you are serving alcohol and attendance is more than 50 people you will be required to maintain in full force and effect for the term of this agreement, at user’s expense, general liability to include bodily injury and property damage in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. User shall provide certificate of insurance and additional insured policy endorsement to City prior to commencement of this agreement. Insurance should be endorsed to name the City as additional insured and include the following language on the endorsement; included as Additional Insured, City of Hillsboro, its elected and appointed officials, officers, employees and agents. User shall be financially responsible for all pertinent deductibles, self-insured retentions and/or self-insurance used to satisfy these requirements.
  • Alcohol service must stop 60 minutes prior to the conclusion of the rental. Exceptions may be made for events at Civic Center Complex and Gordon Faber Recreation Complex.
  • The service and consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the approved rented areas of all City of Hillsboro facilities. All service and consumption must meet OLCC requirements.
  • A facility supervisor or manager will be present at all functions where alcohol is served. The supervisor or manager has the authority to call police if he/she feels it is necessary. He/she has the right to check IDs of any participant and has the authority to end the event at any time.
  • The Parks & Recreation Department is entitled to exercise its sole discretion in determining to deny the use of the facility to any group whose proposed activity is illegal or poses a significant threat of damage to the facility or to participants at the function. Any group that fails to establish responsible supervision for a proposed function will not be permitted.
  • Violation of these rules or any laws or ordinances while using the facility will be grounds for cancellation of the remainder of your rental period without refund of rental fee. Forfeiture of your security deposit and any applicable cleaning fees, denial of future use of City facilities, or criminal charges may also result. Further, the City may take any other action that it deems necessary under the circumstances as a result of a violation of these rules or other laws and ordinances.

OLCC Information 

  • An OLCC Special Events License is required at all events where alcohol is available and you either require payment or purchase, or accept donations of money (including a tip jar), for; 
            • Alcohol; 
            • Entry or admission; 
            • Any other product or service.
    Please call OLCC at 503-872-5198 to determine and/or confirm if you need an OLCC license. OLCC can take 10-30 days to process a license. The OLCC license must be visible in the area where alcoholic beverages are being served.
  • In general, no OLCC Special Events License is required when: 
            • Alcohol is available, but there is no payment or purchase required, and no donations of money are accepted for alcohol, for entry/admission, or for any other product or service. Private events that typically do not require an OLCC Special Events License are wedding receptions, anniversary celebrations, birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, etc.

Please confirm the requirements for your event with OLCC by calling 503-872-5198. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer