4000 SE Rood Bridge Rd (Map)
Hillsboro, OR 97123
- Facilities Rental Application
- River House Floor Plan
- Instructions for Online Insurance Enrollment
- Alcohol Usage Policy
- View Facility Availability Calendar
The River House is a wonderful facility for meetings, retreats, weddings, receptions, and parties. Constructed at the park's highest point in 1998, it boasts a scenic view from the windows and the back patio over the interior lake and woodlands. The facility is wheelchair accessible and overlooks beautiful Rood Bridge Park.
The River House has two meeting areas. The Great Room (1,260 sq. ft.) features high vaulted ceilings, maple flooring, and a fireplace and sunroom nook. The large classroom (672 sq. ft.) provides a separate breakout area. The building has a small kitchen with serving area and restroom facilities. Alcohol service is permitted providing all the necessary permits and insurance are in place (see Alcohol Use Policies & Application Form and Certificate of Liability Insurance above). Use of the kitchen and the tables and chairs are available to our customers at no extra charge.
The building is suitable for an indoor event with up to 75 guests, but during summer months the facility can accommodate up to 100 guests by opening the doors and taking advantage of the covered patio.
The use of all tobacco products is prohibited on Parks & Recreation property.
Note: The River House is open for viewing the second Monday of each month from 4 - 7 pm.
When the Monday open house falls on a holiday, the River House will be open for viewing on the Tuesday following the holiday.
River House features include:
- Great Room with Fireplace
- Catering Kitchen
Back Patio Area
$125 per hour
$85 per hour
$70 per hour
Optional Clean-Up Fee
1 - 50 Guests
50 - 100 Guests
- Reservations should be made at the Parks & Recreation office at 4400 NE Century Blvd at least seven days in advance of requested use date. Please call 503-681-5397 first to check availability.
- A $200 refundable cleaning/damage deposit is required with the Rental Application. The full rental fee is due 30 days prior to the event. Checks should be made payable to "City of Hillsboro." Visa/MasterCard are accepted. The deposit will be refunded if the building and equipment are left in satisfactory condition. The deposit will be refunded the following week if paid by credit card or within three weeks if paid by check or cash.
- Rental hours: 7 am - 11 pm/7 days a week (if available).
- The Great Room has a maximum capacity of 75 persons, depending on the layout of tables and chairs. Note: if you skirt the rectangular tables, two different size clips are required. The depth of the lip of the tables are different.
- Inside Furniture :
- 10 - 5' round tables
- 8 - 69.5" x 27.5" rectangle/green top tables
- 4 - 72" x 30" rectangle/tan utility tables
- 80 - vinyl padded chairs
- Outside Furniture (available upon request):
- 25 - green chairs
- 4 - 48" tan resin tables
- In the summer months, when the covered porch is also used, the building capacity is 100. Please discuss your plans with staff.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served in the River House only with approval after complying with the Alcohol Usage Policy (see policy above). Some situations may require a Special Events License from the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC). Inquire with OLCC at 503-872-5198 to determine if you need an OLCC Special Events License.
- The service and consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the approved rented areas of all City of Hillsboro facilities. All service and consumption must meet OLCC requirements.
- The use of all tobacco products is prohibited on Parks & Recreation property.
- Freestanding decorations only.
- No amplified music is permitted outside the building without Parks & Recreation Commission approval.
- There is a projection screen, but no projector, laptop, or WiFi access.
- Renter supervising the activity must be present at the River House throughout the duration of the rental use.
- No special equipment may be brought in without prior approval. Examples include electrical equipment or lighting, musical instruments, platforms, barbecues, props, etc.
- Rental groups are responsible to set up/return tables and chairs to original location. To protect the wood floor, please do not drag chairs or tables across the floor. Do not take tables or chairs outside of the building.
- Renters are responsible to pay for all property damage to the facility resulting directly or indirectly from the conduct of any group member or invitees. Children must be supervised at all times.
There is a clean-up option available for an additional fee (see above). Otherwise renters are responsible for cleaning the facility before leaving and clean-up time is to be calculated in the total time of use.
- Remove all decorations and everything brought to the facility for the event.
- Leave kitchen area clean, remove all food from refrigerator, wipe off all counters, appliances, and turn off all equipment.
- Sweep and mop all floors.
- All garbage should be bagged and placed in the cart. This includes garbage cans in restrooms. Replace garbage cans with clean liner bags.
- Clean-up the covered porch areas if used by your group.
- Cleaning equipment is located in the kitchen and storage room.
- Immediately report any damage or non-functioning items to the Facility Supervisor.
- Return tables and chairs to original location.
- Facility Supervisor will inspect the facility (with renter) at the conclusion of event.
- Cancellations should be made at the earliest possible date. The deposit will be forfeited if a rental is canceled within 72 hours of the event start time.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the City reserves the right to reschedule and/or cancel the building reservation.
Parking at the River House and Rood Bridge Park is limited (117 parking spaces). The park is open to the public during daytime hours and may be busy during the summer months. If a large number of vehicles are expected for your event, prior arrangements (a minimum of 3 weeks) must be made with the Parks and Recreation office. Absolutely no parking on grassy areas and designated no parking areas.
A Facility Supervisor will be scheduled at the River House for your event. The Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring the event, inspection of the facility following the event and securing the facility.