Hillsboro Parks & Recreation offers classes for the following sports at different times of the year. Please view our Activities Guide to locate and register for these classes.
- All-Comers Track Meets
- Track Club
Leagues and Programs
A wide variety of competitive and recreational sports opportunities are available to Hillsboro youth. The links below represent leagues and programs administered by Hillsboro Parks & Recreation and by the department's community partners.
Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Recreational Leagues
Community Competitive and Recreational Leagues
- Baseball & Softball at Fairgrounds
Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Sportsmanship Expectations
Players, coaches, parents and spectators are expected to provide positive support and encouragement for all players, coaches, fans and officials in the youth sports program by following this sportsmanship pledge:
- I will treat all players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game and practice.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of others ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will insist on a safe and healthy sports environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will respect the decisions made by coaches and officials in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will not use offensive language or become angered by those that are around me.
- I will remember that sports participation is an opportunity for athletes to learn and have fun!
- I will remember that the game is for you – not for adults.
The consequence for any player, coach, parent, spectator or team disregarding any of the above listed Sportsmanship Expectations may include ejection from the game, suspension, forfeit of the game and/or dismissal from the league as determined by the Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Department.
Hillsboro Parks & Recreation Youth Sports Leagues Concussion Statement
Concussions are a risk while playing any youth sports. Hillsboro Parks & Recreation takes the risks of concussion very seriously. All coaches are trained in recognizing concussions and taking the appropriate steps should a concussion occur. Click here for a printable flyer.
- All youth sport coaches are required to complete the concussion online training at www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training.
- All parents receive a pre-season HEADS UP fact sheet for youth sport parents. Parents are required to sign the concussion sign off sheet stating they received this flyer before their child can participate in practice or games.
- Additional information for parents and athletes on concussions is available at www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/parents.html.
- In the event of a head injury during practice or play:
- Coaches will treat all head injuries, whether in practice or during a game, as if they are concussions.
- For serious head injury, 911 will be called.
- Players will be removed from the field of play immediately and not allowed to return the rest of the day.
- Parents or guardians will be called immediately to inform them of the head injury.
- A player will not be allowed to return to practice or games until they have received written clearance to do so from a qualified medical professional.