The City of Hillsboro is committed to public involvement at each stage of the TSP update process. Email our Transportation System Plan Team at TSP@Hillsboro-Oregon.gov, to subscribe to our mailing list and receive updates about upcoming events and milestones. We are actively looking for your input and participation.
In addition to the proposed list of transportation improvements planned for the next 20 years above, check out:
- The proposed list of citywide transportation projects and programs, such as intelligent transportation systems that allow for synchronized signalization and enhanced emergency response and Safe Routes to School programs that improve safety for kids walking and biking to school.
- The proposed map of pedestrian and bicycle crossing refinement areas, where the City will focus on identifying locations where marked or enhanced crossing treatments – like Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons –are warranted.
- The proposed local connectivity plan, which includes locations where the City will leverage opportunities to connect the roadway or off-street paths in the future in order to improve neighborhood mobility.
Our third phase of public outreach for the TSP Update is currently underway. Catch us at a transit station or library pop up or come visit us at one of the following events to learn more about the proposed transportation construction projects for the next 20 years.
- July 20, Celebrate Hillsboro, Downtown Hillsboro
- July, 2019: Spanish Language Event, To Be Determined
The TSP is updated periodically to adjust for the City’s growth and to stay compliant with the latest State and regional regulations. Hillsboro's TSP must be coordinated with Washington County's TSP (2014) and consistent with Metro's Regional Transportation Plan (2018). The City of Hillsboro last updated its TSP in 2004, while portions of the document date back to 1999. Since 2004, the City has conducted about a dozen periodic amendments to reflect rapid growth and community change. For instance, in 2012 and 2013, the TSP was amended to incorporate planning for the North Hillsboro, Amberglen and South Hillsboro areas.
The current TSP update will be a comprehensive revision of the entire document. With the recent adoption of the City of Hillsboro’s Comprehensive Plan update, now is an excellent time to strategically update the TSP to accurately reflect new transportation goals and policies, as well as community priorities. City staff will examine the needs and deficiencies of the current system, identify solutions to existing issues, and evaluate alternative actions to develop a fiscally attainable transportation plan. The update is underway and is expected to last through 2019.
The TSP has two advisory committees: the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and the Steering Committee (SC).
The TAC consists of technical staff from partner agencies who provide guidance and feedback on the technical aspects of the TSP. The SC consists of community representatives and stakeholders with demonstrated interests in public service and the City’s transportation issues. The SC helps keep the TSP update aligned with the community’s vision by providing guidance and direction throughout the process.
Meetings & Events
Check below for upcoming meetings and events, project materials, and archived information. Meetings are held in the Hillsboro Civic Center at 150 East Main Street Hillsboro, Oregon 97123.
|Steering Committee Meeting #4 Packet||June 20, 2019|
|Steering Committee Meeting #3 Packet||March 4, 2019|
|Technical Advisory Committee Meeting #3 Packet||February 27,2019|
|Steering Committee Meeting #2 Packet
||November 29, 2016|
|Technical Advisory Committee Meeting #2 Packet
||November 3, 2016
October 23, 2016
August 24, 2016