2018 Design Standards
|Design and Construction Standards Manual (Complete manual)|
|Section 100:||General Design Requirements|
|Section 300:||Signing, Pavement Markings, Traffic Signals, Street Lighting, and Communications|
|Section 400:||Surface Water Management (SWM) and Sanitary Sewer|
|Section 500:||Water System|
|Section 600:||Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention|
Additional Reference Material
- Water Department Approved Products List
- Ornamental Lighting Districts Map
- Hillsboro Vertical Benchmarks
- Hillsboro Maps
- Washington County Land Records
Design and Construction Standards Update
The current Design and Construction Standards were adopted by Hillsboro City Council in February, 2018. Since then the City has made some revisions including:
- New fiber conduit requirements
- New/revised Public Works and Water standard drawings
- Clarification to Section 400 Surface Water Management
- Correcting scrivener's errors
The City values your input and invites you to comment on the proposed revision of the 2018 Design and Construction Standards. The review period begins August 13 through September 12, 2018. Submit comments by September 13 using our online form.
- Public Comment: 8/13/2018 - 9/12/2018
- Comment reviews and revisions: September
- Transportation Committee: September 2018
- City Council: October 2018
The City of Hillsboro Design and Construction Standards (DCS) help to keep people and property safe by setting minimum standards for the design and construction of public infrastructure. The DCS ensure adequate quality and function of public improvements.
While the information in the DCS is most relevant to developers and engineers, there are some sections that are applicable to home and land owners in Hillsboro. These include:
- Street tree and sidewalk maintenance and replacement
- Driveway renovation
- Erosion control
The DCS also regulate the design and construction of private transportation and utility improvements which connect to or impact public infrastructure.
The current Design and Construction Standards were adopted by Resolution 2584 on February 6, 2018.
Questions or Comments?
For Design & Construction Standards questions or comments, please call 503-681-6146 or email us.
To report a construction issue with an ongoing project, use our online contact form.