Permit Applications

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

We've Moved!

The City of Hillsboro Public Works Department has moved to a new facility at 4415 NE 30th Ave, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124.  Public Works Department staff will be available at the new facility to assist customers in reviewing engineering construction drawings, handling administrative documentation for new public infrastructure, and processing Developer, Right-of-Way, and Event permits. We are dedicated to continuing to offer the same friendly service with the same knowledgeable and professional staff. Contact us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to serving you at our new location.


Developer Permits:

Grading and Erosion Control Permit 

Required for any site work that will disturb 500 square feet or more, or that will occur under the following circumstances:
• Excavation and/or fill exceeds 20 cubic 
• The slope of the site is greater than 20%
• Required as a Condition of Approval
on a land use

Public Infrastructure Permit

Required when development is approved and includes conditions for public infrastructure improvements.

Sample Certificate of Insurance    
To submit a Credit Card Authorization Form please call 503-681-6146


Right-of-Way Permits:

General Right-of-Way

Required for any work conducted by residents, commercial businesses, or their hired contractors, in the public right-of-way or City-owned easements. Including:
• Planting, removal, or replacement of street trees
• Public sidewalk repair
• New driveway or repair to existing approach
• Lateral connection (tap) to or disconnection from mainline
• Any other work requiring temporary closure of portion of public right-of-way

Franchise Utility Permit

Required for work conducted by franchise utility companies or their hired contractors, conducted in the public right-of-way or City-owned easements. Including:
• New utility installation or utility removal
• Boring or trenching
• Aerial coax cable lashing
• Install, replace, or removal of street light poles
• New pedestal installation
• Any other work requiring temporary closure of portion of public right-of-way

Sidewalk Vendor Permit

Required if food-service operations wish to conduct businesses in the public right-of-way:
• Brick-and-mortar food service establishments that wish to use available storefront public sidewalk space for their business (i.e., sidewalk café, alfresco seating)
• Mobile push cart/food cart businesses requesting to use public sidewalk space  to sell food or other items

Sample Certificate of Insurance    
 To submit a Credit Card Authorization Form please call 503-681-6146



Event Permits:





Special Event Permit

Required for any event that requires access to, or closure of, the public right-of-way, including public sidewalks or City-owned easements. Examples include:
• Parade
• Street Fair
• Farmer’s Market
• Bicycle or Foot Race

Recurring events are required to submit a Special Event Permit Application for each season or calendar year of operation.


 Block Party Permit

Required for any organized residential neighborhood event requiring temporary closure of a local public street.

Sample Certificate of Insurance    
Parks Department Facility Rentals    

Contact Us:
If you have any questions regarding our permits, please contact us.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer