The City of Hillsboro Public Works Department offers two free collection programs to help residents manage their leaves during the fall season, including a curbside leaf pick-up and leaf disposal drop-off opportunities.
These longstanding programs help the Hillsboro Public Works Department keep the 230 miles of City of Hillsboro streets clean and reliable, and reduce flooding caused by leaves clogging storm drains.
Curbside Leaf Pick-Up
The Curbside Leaf Pick-up season runs October 30, 2017 to January 2018.
The City of Hillsboro has nine service areas for leaf pick-up. City crews collect leaves in each area one time during scheduled dates.
To determine which leaf collection area your address is in, access, print, and post the online leaf pick-up map and schedule, or call 503-615-6509. You can also reference the map included in your City of Hillsboro Utility Bill. Please note, the schedule may change due to emergencies or severe weather.
Information and Map Links
Guidelines to participate in the free curbside leaf pick-up program:
- Pile your leaves in a row on your street a minimum of 18 inches away from your curb.
- Leaf rows need to be less than three (3) feet high.
- Do not place leaves in the street any earlier than one week before the scheduled start date for your area.
- Leaves need to be from street trees only.
- Crews will not pick up yard debris, sticks, grass clippings, construction materials, or garbage.
- Place leaves separate from garbage cans and yard debris bins.
- Loose leaves are preferred instead of bagged. If bags are necessary, please use biodegradable paper bags. Plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Do not block mailboxes, driveways, or intersections with your leaf piles.
- Remove any basketball hoops or other obstructions, including cars, to allow for the leaf pickup equipment to collect leaves.
If you miss the leaf collection, you will need to dispose of your leaves in another manner, such as your yard debris disposal bin or at the City’s Leaf Disposal Drop-off sites.
Leaf Disposal Drop-off & Food Drive
If you would rather haul and dispose of your leaves at a leaf drop-off site, the Hillsboro Public Works Department is also offering three Saturday opportunities for City of Hillsboro residents to do so.
Loose leaves are preferred, but you may use biodegradable paper bags. If using plastic bags, you will be asked to empty onsite and take the plastic bags with you.
Fairground Sports Complex
On 28th Ave, just south of Veterans Dr.
(next to the tennis courts)
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dates:Saturday, November 18
Saturday, December 2
Saturday, December 16
During these drop-off opportunities, the City of Hillsboro will also collect canned food donations for local families in need. Please consider donating.Questions?
Recorded Information Line: 503-681-6445