2020 Celebrating Hillsboro Tote Bag Design Competition
The City of Hillsboro’s Cultural Art Division is looking for its next artwork to adorn the reusable tote bags distributed at Celebrate Hillsboro. Celebrate Hillsboro is a free festival that brings residents together to honor and celebrate our diverse and thriving community. The Hillsboro Arts & Culture Council information booth offers tote bags each year, and in 2019 began offering bags with a line drawing from a community member to encourage coloring and creative expression on the bags.
Contestants are encouraged to submit black and white, line drawn artwork that celebrates what is great about Hillsboro. One winning design will be selected to receive $150 and their artwork featured on this year’s tote bags.
- Submissions must be your own original artwork!
- Your design must be a line drawing, without words, that is suitable for coloring
- The competition is open to artists of all ages residing in Hillsboro or currently attending a school within the Hillsboro School District.
- The print size for the selected design will be 7" wide x 8" high. The artist’s name, title of the artwork, and the City of Hillsboro’s Arts and Culture Council logo will be included in the final print.
- All entries must be submitted using the online entry form.
- Only digital images will be accepted for this competition. Please include a brief bio of yourself, as well as contact information, including an e-mail address and telephone number.
- If your design is chosen, we will require a high-resolution image for the printing.
Entry Deadline and Judging:
The deadline for submissions is April 20, 2020.
We reserve the right to decline any design with inappropriate or offensive content or imagery. By submitting your artwork to the competition, you are authorizing the City of Hillsboro Cultural Arts Division for its reproduction on 2020 Cultural Art tote bags, as well as its use in all related marketing efforts. The winning design will be put on all tote bags and handed out at Celebrate Hillsboro on July 18, 2020, & other community events throughout the next year.
For questions, contact:
LeAnn Alsop at 503.615.3419 or firstname.lastname@example.org