Welcome to the South Hillsboro Information Center!
Once the historic Ladd-Reed farm, South Hillsboro is 1,400 acres of open space, farmland and developed property that is in the process of becoming an entirely new and exciting part of our community. This new, innovative place will help meet some of our current and future needs for housing, while creating an amazing neighborhood. South Hillsboro will include three unique districts which together will provide diverse residential neighborhoods located near jobs, retail centers, schools, parks, trails and greenways — all situated in ways that make it easy to walk, bike and use public transit.
- Read a two-page overview of the Future South Hillsboro.
- See the South Hillsboro Community Plan page for details on the history and planning of this new area.
- Read the latest news on South Hillsboro's progress.
At full build out, South Hillsboro is anticipated to include:
- Approximately 8,000 residences of diverse types, architectural styles, and price ranges, designed to help meet the needs of the City's growth workforce, ultimately providing housing for nearly 20,000 residents.
- Mixed-Use Town and Village Centers providing a range of shopping, services, and gathering spaces serving local neighborhoods, the City, and the broader region.
- 286 acres of new parks and open space with 15 miles of new multi-use trails, co-located with planned school facilities and placed such that all residents live within close proximity to a park facility.
- A fully multi-modal transportation network including world-class bicycle infrastructure and expanded transit service.
If you have a question or comments about activity in the area, call the South Hillsboro information line at 503-681-3999.