Welcome to the South Hillsboro Information Center!
Once the historic Ladd-Reed farm, South Hillsboro is 1,400 acres of open space, farmland and developed property that is in the process of becoming an entirely new and exciting part of our community. This new, innovative place will help meet some of our current and future needs for housing, while creating an amazing neighborhood.
We are proud to share that South Hillsboro was selected to host the 2018 NW Natural Street of Dreams®.
South Hillsboro will include three unique districts which together will provide diverse residential neighborhoods located near jobs, retail centers, schools, parks, trails and greenways — all situated in ways that make it easy to walk, bike and use public transit.
- Read a two-page overview of the Future South Hillsboro.
- See the South Hillsboro Community Plan page for details on the history and planning of this new area.
- Check here for news and updates on South Hillsboro's progress, including field notes from the Rosedale Parks, Butternut Creek, and Reed's Crossing projects.
Key Milestones in the Development of South Hillsboro
(Expected dates subject to change - see more details in the Transportation Project Maps)
- First home construction expected to begin - 2018
- Cornelius Pass Road opens south of TV Highway - 2018
- Blanton Road opens connecting 67th Avenue to 209th Avenue - 2018
- First home for sale - 2018
- Cornelius Pass Road widened north of TV Highway - 2019
- Town Center development expected - 2019
- Improvements to 209thAvenue/TV Highway Intersection - 2020
By the Numbers: South Hillsboro
- Nearly 2 decades of master-planning
- 1,400 acres for residential development
- About 8,000 residences of diverse types, architectural styles, and price ranges
- Housing options for nearly 20,000 community members to help meet the needs of the City's growing workforce
- 1,806 single-family homes, townhomes, and condos permitted so far
- 1 multi-modal transportation network with world-class bicycle infrastructure and expanded transit service
- 2 mixed-use Town and Village Centers providing a range of shopping, services, and gathering spaces for all community members
- 15 miles of new, multi-use trails, co-located with planned school facilities and placed to allow all residents to live within close proximity to a park facility.
- 286 acres of new parks and open space
If you have a question or comments about activity in the area, call the South Hillsboro information line at 503-681-3999.