Video Recap: South Hillsboro Community Open House
About 400 people stopped by the South Hillsboro Open House at Rosedale Elementary School on February 15. City of Hillsboro staff answered questions about future roads, traffic impacts, housing, and more.
South Hillsboro will help address our housing needs with a welcoming, well-connected neighborhood of thoughtfully planned streets, schools, parks, trails, and greenways.
Unique residential districts and town centers will make it easy to walk, bike, and use public transit. Every resident will live within a ¼ mile of a park, trail, or recreation facility.
This summer, South Hillsboro will host the 2018 NW Natural Street of Dreams®.
- Read a two-page overview of the Future South Hillsboro.
- See the South Hillsboro Community Plan page for details on the history and planning of this new area.
Key Milestones in the Development of South Hillsboro
(Project dates are estimated and subject to change.)
- First home construction begins - 2018
- Cornelius Pass Road opens south of TV Highway - 2018
- Blanton Road opens connecting 67th Avenue to 209th Avenue - 2018
- First home for sale - 2018
- Cornelius Pass Road widened north of TV Highway - 2019
- Town Center development expected - 2019
- Improvements to 209thAvenue/TV Highway Intersection - 2020
By the Numbers: South Hillsboro
- Nearly 2 decades of master planning
- 1,400 acres for residential development
- About 8,000 residences of diverse types, architectural styles, and price ranges
- Housing options for nearly 20,000 community members to help meet the needs of the City's growing workforce
- 286 acres of new parks and open space
- 15 miles of new, multi-use trails, co-located with planned school facilities
- 1 multi-modal transportation network with world-class bicycle infrastructure and transit service
- 2 mixed-use Town and Village Centers providing a range of shopping, services, and gathering spaces