August 2017 Project Updates
Location: Between SW 229th Avenue/SE 67th Avenue and Rosedale Road, south of TV Highway.
- Conduits are being installed in underground trenches. The plastic tubing will run electrical, cable, and phone lines into the Rosedale Parks property.
- Additional stone retaining walls were constructed.
- Century Road is carved out, and workers have begun to compact the road bed.
- Several fire hydrants are installed on site.
- Storm water pipes were delivered.
Location: Between SW Hagg Lane/SW Rosedale Road, west of SW 209th Ave
- An area of the property was dug out for the foundation of the onsite pump station.
- Workers are beginning to dig a main line for the pump station to access 209th Avenue.
- A construction road was carved out and graded to allow access for heavy machinery into the property.
- Local access streets are starting to be formed and compacted with gravel.
- Large gravel piles are present in the development to be laid for upcoming roads.
Location: Between SW 229th Ave/SW 209th Ave, south of TV Highway
- The intersection dividing Blanton West and East with Cornelius Path has been cut.
- A railroad crossing has been constructed at the intersection of Cornelius Pass and TV Highway.
- New signals have been installed at Cornelius Pass and TV Highway with new pavement striping to come.
- Storm water treatment systems are beginning to form to the sides of the road bed.
- The large piles of excess dirt onsite will be used for the base of the greenway and other open spaces.
- The greenway pond is prepared for hydro seeding.
- The road bed has been cut to connect the extended Cornelius Pass to 209th Ave.
May 2017 Open House
Keeping the community informed about activity in the South Hillsboro area was the focus of an open house meeting on Thursday, May 25, at Rosedale Elementary School.
About 80 attendees heard updates on four current or upcoming projects near the intersection of Cornelius Pass Road and TV Highway, and spoke one-on-one with knowledgeable staff from:
- The City of Hillsboro
- Planning Department
- Parks & Recreation Department
- Public Works Department
- Water Department
- Washington County
- Willamette Water Supply Program
- Hillsboro School District
- Other partners involved in ongoing construction activity in South Hillsboro
Hillsboro is a forward-thinking leader in planning for the long term and recognizes the importance of ensuring all residents, employers, and schools have affordable, high-speed broadband access.
01/16/2018 1:30 PM