Our Plan Review process is designed to keep your project on track.
Our experienced and customer-focused plans examiners are here to help make sure your project meets all state codes and regulations. We know project delays can be costly and so we strive to deliver plan review comments within 14 calendar days of plan submittal. If your residential project is deemed a "simple" plan, we will have it reviewed in 10 business days.
To ensure our services are as efficient and effective as possible, we require commercial plans to be submitted to the City electronically through our ProjectDox system. New to digital plans or not sure how to get started? We offer personalized one-on-one training at your office or ours, or call any of our knowledgeable staff for help.
The City of Hillsboro utilizes the most current codes as they are adopted by the State of Oregon. The State of Oregon Building Codes Division website has electronic versions of the adopted codes available.
Statewide adopted codes used in Hillsboro:
- 2017 Oregon Residential Specialty Code
- 2017 Oregon Electrical Specialty Code
- 2017 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code
- 2019 Oregon Structural Specialty Code
- 2019 Oregon Fire Code
- 2019 Oregon Energy Efficiency Specialty Code
- 2019 Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code
- 2011 Oregon Reach Code
- 2010 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling Installation Specialty Code
- 2002 Oregon Manufactured Dwelling and Park Specialty Code
What does electronic plan review mean for you?
- Big cost savings as paper plans are phased out.
- Real-time, 24/7 online access to your project status and plan reviews.
- Increased security of your intellectual property.
For more information please call us at 503-681-6144 or send us an email.
Residential (One & Two Family)
- One & Two Family Dwelling Building Permit Checklist
- Residential Site Plan Requirements
- Roof Mounted residential solar panels or solar photovoltaic arrays (PVA)
- Deferred Submittal Procedures and Checklist
- Phased Submittal Procedures and Checklist
- Commercial Building Submittal Checklist
- AM&M Structural: Application for approval of alternative to or modification of the State of Oregon Structural Specialty Code (OSSC)
- AM&M Fire: Application for approval of alternative to or modification of the State of Oregon Fire Code (OFC)
- AM&M Plumbing: Application for approval of alternative to or modification of the State of Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code (OPSC)
- AM&M Mechanical: Application for approval of alternative to or modification of the State of Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code (OMSC)
- AM&M Electrical: Application for approval of alternative to or modification of the State of Oregon Electrical Specialty Code (OESC)