Renewable Energy

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Building Department issues structural and electrical permits for the installation of solar panels and electrical car charging stations. 

Please call or email us to find out if your project will require a permit.  Once you have determined that you need a permit for your project,  you can complete your applications and find the email address to get them to us.  We have created an easy to follow checklist with the items that you will need to include on your submitted drawings.

Rooftop Solar

For more information on PV technology, safety, and monitoring please visit the Solar Oregon website.

Mapdwell Solar System

Mapdwell is a Link to PDFconvenient new tool that allows Washington County residents to find out what solar would look like on their home. Not only is this tool free to Hillsboro, thanks to Energy Trust of Oregon, but it is also very simple and easy to use. Hillsboro residents can go to from the convenience of their own computer or smartphone and do their very own solar analysis with just a few clicks of the mouse. Mapdwell uses geographic information and LiDAR data to show the solar potential of your home or business, along with cost estimates, incentives, payback periods, energy savings and much more.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer