City ordinance prohibits outdoor burning year-round. Exceptions include recreational fires (such as fire pits, chimineas and barbecues).
Contact Your Waste Hauler
- Contact your waste hauler to request an additional yard debris cart*
- Place extra yard debris in paper Lawn & Yard Debris Refuse bags (available at Home Depot and other home improvement stores) and leave next to your roll cart on pick-up days*
*Additional charges may apply so be sure to inquire with your waste hauler
Self Haul to Local Recyclers
- Best Buy In Town Landscape Supply
2200 NW Cornelius Pass Road, Hillsboro
- S & H Landscape Supplies & Recycling
1748 NE 25th Avenue, Hillsboro
- Hillsboro Landfill and Tualatin Valley Waste Recovery
3205 SE Minter Bridge Road, Hillsboro
- Nature's Needs
9570 NW 307th Avenue, North Plains
Yard Debris Composting - Metro
Visit Metro's website for information and resources about yard debris composting.
For general questions about the policy and information on alternatives to yard debris burning, call 503-681-6219.
To report a violation of the wood burning ordinance in Hillsboro, call Hillsboro Code Enforcement at 503-615-6645.
For information about leaf collection in Hillsboro, including the free seasonal leaf drop off events, visit our leaf pick-up page.
For more information on wood and open burning in unincorporated Washington County, visit www.co.washington.or.us/air or call 503-846-8744.To sign up for daily air quality alerts, visit www. public alerts.org and select "Sign Up" under "Emergency Notifications" then create a managed account. In addition to signing up for other notifications you can check the box for the "Air Quality and Wood Burning Alerts" to receive notices about poor air quality days.