Hillsboro has ample inventory of available property that is ready for development. The City's Economic Development team can help you identify properties that are zoned appropriately for your intended use and provide information on any incentive or development programs that apply to your industry or selected development area.
Learn more about these opportunities:
- North Hillsboro Industrial District: This established industrial sanctuary is populated by business parks and corporate campuses. The area is geared toward technology and manufacturing companies, including some of Oregon's largest, such as Intel, Qorvo, Genentech, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Solar World.
- Downtown and Southwest Industrial District: The heart of the community includes historical commercial buildings dating to the 1800s, mixed with new, urban living options. This walkable area is home to the centers for City and County government, a vibrant arts and culture community, independent retailers and restaurants, office space, and light industrial manufacturing.
- AmberGlen/Tanasbourne: This area is one of the most successful concentrations of mixed-use development in the Greater Portland region. It includes 1,200 acres and 1.25 million square feet of office space, with newer, well established commercial, retail, and residential properties.
- Orenco: Orenco Station, an award-winning community, and the Platform District represent a 135-acre space originally planned in the 1990s to include residential, commercial, and mixed-use sites. Today, it features upscale apartments and townhome properties, as well as a variety of ground-floor retail shops.
- Land and Building Search: Start your search here for developable land and existing properties that are ready for retrofit or move-in.
- Area Maps: Find maps that identify development areas, incentive programs, major companies, digital infrastructure, and zoning.