Strategic Advantages of Doing Business in Hillsboro
Hillsboro offers many strategic advantages over other locations for business investment and economic development. First and foremost is the culture of collaboration that is pervasive throughout the City’s departments and among its staff. Developers consistently cite the ease of doing business with the City of Hillsboro compared to their experience with other jurisdictions.
Home to almost 100,000 residents and many major domestic and international companies, Hillsboro has firmly established its role as a major economic and employment center within the Portland metropolitan area, with rapid job growth projected to continue. Current economic forecasts estimate 28,906 to 46,459 jobs will be added between 2015 and 2035 (Draft Economic Opportunities Analysis, July 2016).
Among its many advantages, Hillsboro provides:
- Infrastructure and Utilities: from affordable and reliable power, to abundant and clean water and superior digital infrastructure—including undersea trans-Pacific fiber optic cables
- Transportation: including easy access to air travel and interstate transportation routes, as well as a robust public transit system including bus, light rail and shuttle service
- Workforce and Training: including access to a highly educated and skilled workforce, as well as resources to help you recruit, train and develop your employees
- Taxes and Incentives: the availability of attractive incentive programs paired with the absence of several common taxes makes a strong financial case for doing business in Hillsboro
- Planning, Zoning and Permitting: development-ready sites, finely-tuned processes, and proactive staff support mean your project will be up and running faster in Hillsboro
- Location: Hillsboro is situated in a desirable West Coast location, and is part of the greater Portland metropolitan area—featuring the lowest lease rates for office and industrial space, as well as the lowest median home price and cost of living compared to any major city on the West Coast